Author Topic: Glasgow Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Bhuna  (Read 4067 times)

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Glasgow Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Bhuna
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Hi All

After burns night, I thought I would make a haggis, neeps and tatties bhuna (with mutton) for a bit of an experiment.  The resulting curry was actually very nice.  I was unsure how the neeps would go in a curry but were actually very nice.

I Made this as well as a chasni and Madras with the Glasgow base.  They all turned out very decent curries but with an unusual aftertaste.  I am unsure what is causing this.

I do think the glasgow base has potential but feel that extra spice has to be added so I will be doing some base head to heads in the forseeable future.

Anyway, here are pics of the curries.

regards

Barry

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Bhuna
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Wow, "fusion cuisine" indeed !  Rather more impressive than the way in which the haggis was served at a recent local "Wine, Whisky & Wisdom" quiz -- possibly not expecting a great take-up for haggis in the deep south, or perhaps to keep costs down, only one (fairly large) McSween's haggis had actually been procured and cooked : this was then padded out with a bap (containing beef or cheese as one wished).  I decided to insert my (tiny) haggis portion into said beef roll, and the combination was not bad at all.  And then, my luck was in : two other people on the same table decided that they didn't really want their haggis and I ended up with three portions rather than one :)

We came second in the quiz, incidentally, helped by winning the limerick competition for a bonus ten points : the challenge was to continue the following --

There was a young Scotsman called Rabbie

and our winning entry was :

There was a young Scotsman called Rabbie
Whose sporran was terribly shabby
    But he made it like new
    With some thread, and some glue,
And the pelt of a poor passing tabby.

** Phil.

Offline liliGeatrytic

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Removed