Author Topic: The 2nd Secret Recipe Group Test  (Read 36373 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The 2nd Secret Recipe Group Test
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 08:49 PM »
Time is getting on guys. Only three out of eight posted? I think the best is waiting til last!  ;)  ;D ;D >:( 8) :o

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 08:25 PM »
My monthly task was :- http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,6248.0.html

976 bar's bhuna, I've made this recipe before but not for a long time, in keeping with the spirit of the test I stuck to the recipe as much as possible.

It's been a long and stressful few weeks moving flat, but it's been worth it as I now have a proper kitchen. This was the first curry made in it and made with the first base. I chose to do a Zaal base for a change and disaster nearly struck when I tried to make the base and do my real work at the same time in order to finish the test by the end of the month, It caught a bit but I think I got to it in time.

The cooking went O.K but I felt a bit out of practice after a month without curry. Now, I have to say I didn't like the recipe to much, I've made it before without the fresh tomato which was excellent but the fresh tomato gave the recipe an um tomatoey taste, and I don't like fresh tomato. My missus loved it however and thought it was better than the Madras I made at the same time. I have more photos but I'm too frazzled to spent any more time trying to work on my computer.

Don't ever expect enyone to connect your internet in less than 3 months if you ever move to France >:(

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

And I haven't finished the lighting in my kitchen, so the photos are a little strange in colour.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Fine effort especially considering the circumstances.  ;)

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Cheers, my future seems to consist of shopping and D.I.Y until they put me in a box. I'm going to have to put my foot down to get some curry time.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Don't ever expect enyone to connect your internet in less than 3 months if you ever move to France >:(

. . .  Unless your name is David Harmon and you commentate for Eurosport on major cycle races, in which case you can get a bran(d)-new Internet connection from a different location each and every day !

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Great reports lads.  Nearly there with my test, but will be on the last minute writing.  Made it last night in the TA, to the amusement of the head chef.  Can you guess what it is going to be?  Clue: heavy on the sliced garlic.

Botched it somewhat (the burners are bloomin

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Well the colour looks fantastic.  ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Well the colour looks fantastic.  ;)

No, I like my crumpets darker than that ...  Oh the red, you mean ?  There I wholeheartedly concur !
** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Those crumpets made me laugh!  ;D (I'm just going out for an English).

Now, what do you imagine they're using the golden syrup for? Peshwari naan coating perhaps?

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 04:20 PM »
Fantastic Bob, now all I got to do is convince the wife a Tandoor Oven is not just for Christmas, it's for crumpets too! ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes