Author Topic: Chili Pepper - FYI  (Read 7959 times)

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chili Pepper - FYI
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 10:25 PM »
hiya
what darth aren't you even tempted  seeing that you are closer than weeeeee ;)
am very tempted myself dude :D i believe that to pick one up to use in a dish that you have to wear one of those all in one suits and lots of gloves and breathing apparatus ;)wouldn't mind having "a dorset chicken naga phall" anyone join me ::) ::) ::) ;D ;) darth? extrahotchile? cq? bumtrouble?? oh well no takers so i will die a lonely death but hot and happy.goodbye the curry woooooooooorld!

its ok just made it through another phall hot vindaloo.btw got some more updates to improve the rajver modified  curry gravy and its bloody good will post over the weekend and it's suitable for peeps with nut allergies/ vegggies and vegans although not sure of that although some vegetables were chopped with a sharp knife and i cried chopping the onions ;D ;) :) does that count? anyway after that lite hearted humour  ::) i will also try to repost my 3 pot curry masala discovery which was taken from me when we switched server due to a hiccup? the..... er management if you no wot ah min.no offenses are meant by any of these comments. i mean you have to laugh to yourself every time you make another stonking curry thinking " do i tell the people the secrets of the darkside"
sorry darth wasn't trying to steal your thunder ;)
have good weekend wherever you are ;)

pete if you are out ther somewhere i found where bruce says about adding precooked chicken curry sauce? juices to the final dish if you are interested

regards
gary.......vindaloo and out ;D

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 02:08 AM »
Great  stuff woodpecker21 , looking forward to that next post . Have a great curry weekend .  :)

CC

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 04:36 AM »
The temptation is great...must hold out...don't give in to heat Darth, not to worry, every  Star Destroyer is fully stocked with liquid cooled toilet rolls.Sorry its 4.30am in the morning & I'm tired  :P
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 04:41 AM »
What in Gods name are you doing up at this hour Darth ...?...remember  , you can always freeze-dry the toilet rolls . ( similar to spring rolls , but a different taste.  ;D ;D )...or not ??  :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 10:00 AM »
I was playing Battlefield 2 online you crazy Canadian madman. ;D :P ;D
Deep fried Toilet Rolls lol with fried rice? ;D

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 11:05 AM »
If you want to grow your own (and I do) try this site for real seeds created by Chilliheads  around the worlds and tested and proved to grow here.#

www.realseeds.co.uk

They only have a limited supply, and I think I emptied the last binful!

BTW I sa a debate somewhere about where the heat is. I am sure most know but for newbies: The heat resides in the pith and inside of the flesh in fresh chillies not the seeds, but as the chilli dries the heat concentrates in the seeds.  That is why Indians love fresh chillies deep fried!

Happy Cooking
CP

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 11:14 AM »
For a moment there i thought you meant grow your own Toilet Rolls  ;D

Yes i agree the heat is in the Pith the Seeds attached too, i use the Pith & Seeds of Scotch Bonnets to attain heat without too much of the chilli taste, i have found this can ruin a Curry when you use too many. ;)

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 02:33 AM »
I guess that I am rather spoiled over here as we have the best fresh chilies from the US southwest , Mexico and Asia....I am partial to the Mexican peppers .

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 10:44 AM »
So am I, as I am a Chillihead too.  We do have a good importer here called The Cool Chilli Company, she imports some good stuff but all dried.

CP

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 02:49 PM »
For those that love chili , here is a recipe that makes a nice change from traditional chutney .

1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded, chopped
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 seeded serrano or jalapeno chilies - minced
1 teaspoon sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.

©2024 Curry Recipes