Author Topic: Now this is Awesome!  (Read 7373 times)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Now this is Awesome!
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:38 AM »
Now this is Awesome!

This one is the BEST I have seen so far !!!!!

Instructions:

1. Stare at the red dot on the girl

Offline vinotinto

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Now this is Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34 AM »
Fair play thats definitely the best one I've seen!!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Clever : now what's the betting it still works if you remove the three dots from her nose ?!
** Phil.

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Clever : now what's the betting it still works if you remove the three dots from her nose ?!
** Phil.
Wouldn't be so sure, It's obviously somthing to do (or palming itself off) with  RGB of which I have been trying to get my head around to it's full potential after years of messing with Photoshop...
A truely amazing trick on the eye.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30 PM »
** Phil.
Wouldn't be so sure, It's obviously something to do (or palming itself off) with  RGB of which I have been trying to get my head around to it's full potential after years of messing with Photoshop...  A truely amazing trick on the eye.

I think you'll find it's just a focal spot, Tommy, to force the eye to remain focussed on a single point of the image -- try replacing the three dots with a single dot of any contrasting colour and I am reasonably certain the illusion will remain the same.

** Phil.

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38 PM »
You never know...This just may be one of my missions for passing a few hours on this Sunday afternoon Phil.
I'll probably go to sleep tonight with this girls face haunting me (hopefully the colour version). Then again, would that be such a bad thing.  :)

Offline _Jon_

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 02:25 PM »
You can make these illusions yourself quite easily.
Take any image you like, the larger the better and ones with large areas of similar colour work best.
Invert the colours.
Smack a small focus point, any colour you like, somewhere in the middle.
Job done.

The focus spot is just there to stop your eye flitting around as it would normally (to avoid the issue that creates the illusion).

If you want to get a good understanding of the current theory of how humans (and devices) perceive (measure) colour then I'd recommend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-World-Color-Management-Industrial-Strength/dp/0321267222

If you need any help understanding RGB just PM or email me with your question(s) :)

Offline _Jon_

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 02:41 PM »
For anyone who wants to see the pretty girl without going cross eyed:

Note how the RGB, primary colours of the additive colour model, dots more or less change to CMY, the secondary colours. The yellow is off because the blue dot wasn't truly blue, which adds weight to the argument that the colour of the focusing spot is not important.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 10:05 PM »
You can make these illusions yourself quite easily.
Take any image you like, the larger the better and ones with large areas of similar colour work best.
Invert the colours.
Smack a small focus point, any colour you like, somewhere in the middle.
Job done.

The focus spot is just there to stop your eye flitting around as it would normally (to avoid the issue that creates the illusion).

If you want to get a good understanding of the current theory of how humans (and devices) perceive (measure) colour then I'd recommend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-World-Color-Management-Industrial-Strength/dp/0321267222

If you need any help understanding RGB just PM or email me with your question(s) :)

Your right Jon easy to do

best, Rich

Offline _Jon_

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49 PM »
Your right Jon easy to do

Yes, but I should point out that knowing the trick doesn't stop me appreciating its execution. I think this is the best one I've seen too. In fact I don't remember seeing this technique applied to a normal image before, it's usually just flags or a monochrome Jesus :)

Did you make it yourself?

©2024 Curry Recipes