Author Topic: Hi from Chilli Prawn  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Hi from Chilli Prawn
« on: September 21, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I have just joined CRO and I am very impressed by the content and quality and experience of its members.  I have been experimenting and cooking curries and other Asian dishes for many years.  I started learning with Leon Petit (a famous French chef in India), Mrs Balbir Singh and so on.  My profession has been IT for most of my working life (now semi-retired), but I was trained in cooking by my Father who was a chef.  My wife and I now run an Asian catering business supplying trade and private customers, and thankfully we do not run a take-away!  I look forward to learning more techniques (isn't that what it is all about) and recipes from you all, and it will be great to share information.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Chilli Prawn
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Hi CP,

Your business sounds really interesting is there anything you can add from the trade side of things, like what a typical BIR buy's  ;D

Welcome to the site!
cK

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Hello and welcome CP .
Looking forward to your posts . :)

CC

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Welcome to the home of worlds craziest Curry heads  ;D

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46 PM »
Hi, ;) welcome aboard ...mike

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Hi :'(

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Thanks all you curry heads; it is nice to be welcomed and good to know that there is a lot of expertise out there.  Of course I am willing to share what knowledge I have; why not?  It can only lead to a better understanding of this quite complex food and how it can be a healthy addition to our diet.  I am just about to kick off a run for orders (takes about 2-3 days!) so i will be brief.  I would like to say, however, that I feel that the most important knowledge to share is techniques and knowledge of how spices etc., interact.  I started to write a book with a few Asian friends many years back that concentrated on this rather than recipes.  If anyone is interested perhaps we can create a topic solely dedicated to this, and this way newbies and oldies alike can improve their knowledge.  After all it is mostly technique that makes the meal, not so much the contents; think of it as a chemical process  8).  Anyway, thanks again I shall return once I have got this smelly base done ready for the final cooking.  :o

©2024 Curry Recipes