Author Topic: British Indian2go pre-cooked chicken  (Read 6084 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
British Indian2go pre-cooked chicken
« on: March 07, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Agter trying C2go, CBM, and countless other pre cooked chicken recipes, I finally settled on the one that our tandoori chef taught me.

We simply boil chicken and add to the water salt and turmeric. It's easy and it works.

Boil until "just" cooked, or even slightly undercooked.

Sometimes simple is best, please try.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: British Indian2go pre-cooked chicken
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Hi Mick, I had been using the 'water based method' for quite some time, until I tried the 'Glasgow method' which basically replaces the water with oil (plus the spices) The outcome was excellent and kept the chicken (or Lamb/mutton) nice and succulent, and the leftover oil doesn't go to waste as it makes an excellent seasoned oil. I find the water method can draw the flavour out of the meat, afterall that's how a good stock is made.
What's your thoughts on this, have you tried both methods?

Cheers,
Ken

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:30 PM »
We simply boil chicken and add to the water salt and turmeric. It's easy and it works.

Boil until "just" cooked, or even slightly undercooked.

Sometimes simple is best, please try.

Have done Mick and I have to disagree. For me this is the least effective method of pre cooking chicken as it doesn't add that extra yumminess that proper BIR chicken has. In fact I deliberately avoid BIRs that pre cook to this method.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54 PM »
I've been precooking chicken the c2g way and today I thought I'd experiment with this and so I did:

4 breasts
2 tbsp of oil
1 4"x piece of cassia bark
1 tbsp of paprika
1 tbsp of turmeric
1/2 tbsp of garam masala
some fennel seeds

I cooked a korma using this chicken and while the flavour was quite nice, I felt it wasn't as enhanced as when using the c2g method, so definitely gonna stick to it as much as possible. However, garabi army's suggestion is worth investigating.

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15 PM »
Hi Mick, I had been using the 'water based method' for quite some time, until I tried the 'Glasgow method' which basically replaces the water with oil (plus the spices) The outcome was excellent and kept the chicken (or Lamb/mutton) nice and succulent, and the leftover oil doesn't go to waste as it makes an excellent seasoned oil. I find the water method can draw the flavour out of the meat, afterall that's how a good stock is made.
What's your thoughts on this, have you tried both methods?

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken

I must confess that i haven't tried the Glasgow method, due to time restrictions. there simply aren't enough hours in the day to do everything as it is.

I have experimented with breast, thigh etc, and I settled on only using chicken tenderloins, and the water, turmeric and salt works really well. It's quick and easy and customer feedback is good. The chicken is very tender, and easily absorbs the flavour from the curries.  8)

©2024 Curry Recipes