Author Topic: Taste Variation  (Read 11389 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Taste Variation
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 05:20 PM »
I once had to bin a tin of Rajah chilli powder. It was orange in colour and was quite literally lethal in strength. I know I don't do really hot but this stuff was insane.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36 PM »
I once had to bin a tin of Rajah chilli powder. It was orange in colour and was quite literally lethal in strength. I know I don't do really hot but this stuff was insane.

I have a feeling this may be exactly what I'm experiencing with a "kashmiri chilli powder" I bought in a 400g bag whose brand I can't recall. I can't go past a 1/4 to 2/4 of a tsp and it's already on full power (for me anyway) I am even suspicious that the recent outburst of tongue ulcers are being caused by it.

Is there a reliable brand of mild chilli powder?

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08 PM »
When we talk about chilli powder on this forum I thought that most of us know that this refers to ground chillis.

The Schwartz stuff and some supermarket own brands label of chilli powder is incorrect and should state "chilli con carne spice mix".

Paul

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 06:23 PM »
I always thought there was a difference between chilli powder and chili powder, the latter being a mix for chili con carne, or maybe I dreamt it.

©2024 Curry Recipes