Author Topic: Spices of India Recipes  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Spices of India Recipes
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:27 PM »
I've never seen a link to the following recipes so thought I would post this. I Never knew that Spices of India had a huge selection of traditional style recipes, the ones I had seen always required an advertised product like Mr Huda's so and so paste. So was quite surprised when I bumped into these.

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Recipes.html

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Spices of India Recipes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:37 PM »
...the ones I had seen always required an advertised product like Mr Huda's so and so paste.

Yes I've often looked at the recipes on there but I have so many traditional Indian cookbooks (I seem to collect them!) from reasonably well established authors that I've never bothered with any from that site. Incidentally I have one of Gordon Ramsay's books on Indian cookery and whilst I haven't made all the recipes from it, I've made some and those I have made have been surprisingly good.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried Mr Huda's paste range? I've been tempted to try some but given my past disappointment of any pre-made paste I haven't bothered.

What's interesting about Mr Huda's pastes is that the recipes for them make what is essentially a small portion of what we would call 'base sauce'. The process of making the recipe is remarkably close to the BIR technique most of us have adopted and used.

Anyone tried them? Any thoughts?

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Spices of India Recipes
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46 PM »
I've used the tikka paste and the kebab paste. Both of which are pretty good especially if you are in a hurry. Much nicer than a jar of Pataks. They should be consumed within 6 weeks of opening the jars, however and are quite expensive.

I've never tried the curry pastes or followed those "mini-base" recipes though.

©2024 Curry Recipes