Author Topic: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video  (Read 24979 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: hydroponics my chilli growing setup video
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 11:15 AM »
I have been using one of these

http://www.midlandgardensupplies.co.uk/product_info.php/white-aerogarden-unit-starter-herb-kit-included-p-20601273

Hi Frank, they have one of those setup at my hydro shop with a chilli plant growing, looks fantastic.
what do you grow in yours? any pix?

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Hi Martin, the plant in the vid with the flower is one of two plants, the other is on the window sill. The one on the widow sill has 2 tiny buds, the one in the vid as 15  :)
It has not cost that much  ::) compared to the fun i am having.
I would love to grow some other types of chillies, if anybody whats to send me any seeds  ;)
As for growing Cannabis, i like my freedom to much.
Hi Chris
Wasn't for a minute suggesting you grow cannabis, just pointing out the cost effectiveness of said grows compared to a few 'ordinary' chilli plants.. ;)

Obviously at the moment, with this awful weather, your windowsill ones won't be doing as well as the ones under your lights, but will as the season progresses.
Yes, it is fun growing them, I was just trying to say that your set up, IMHO, would be put to much better use growing the more expensive, exotic and harder to grow in our climate types of chillies.

You can always get some from here (personally recommended) for good prices and cheap postage.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Seeds-Direct/_i.html?_nkw=chilli&submit=Search&_sid=79364908
Some good info on there too re the Bhut Jolokia growing.

Martin

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Hi Martin, the plant in the vid with the flower is one of two plants, the other is on the window sill. The one on the widow sill has 2 tiny buds, the one in the vid as 15  :)
It has not cost that much  ::) compared to the fun i am having.
I would love to grow some other types of chillies, if anybody whats to send me any seeds  ;)
As for growing Cannabis, i like my freedom to much.
Hi Chris
Wasn't for a minute suggesting you grow cannabis, just pointing out the cost effectiveness of said grows compared to a few 'ordinary' chilli plants.. ;)

Obviously at the moment, with this awful weather, your windowsill ones won't be doing as well as the ones under your lights, but will as the season progresses.
Yes, it is fun growing them, I was just trying to say that your set up, IMHO, would be put to much better use growing the more expensive, exotic and harder to grow in our climate types of chillies.

You can always get some from here (personally recommended) for good prices and cheap postage.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Seeds-Direct/_i.html?_nkw=chilli&submit=Search&_sid=79364908
Some good info on there too re the Bhut Jolokia growing.

Martin

Thanks Martin good link.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 03:58 PM »
My flower dropped off  >:( >:( >:( but 2 more have opened  ;D

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39 PM »

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08 PM »
Curling leaves can be lots of things Chris. Overwatering, too much Nitrogen, too high a temp, etc.
Just keep doing what you're doing, they're lookin fine.  ;)

A couple of things, Once the roots start showing out of the bottom of the nets, you only want to fill so that the water is licking the bottom, then let the roots follow the feed down. You dont want the rockwool constantly soaking.

The other thing, the small seedling at the front of the back right bucket, is that powdery mildew or just a trick of the light? Looks to have some white patches on it.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 01:13 PM »
...is that powdery mildew...

What would that signify Frank? I'm not green fingered in any way but the wife has this problem with many potted plants around the house. I've often wondered if it were over watering.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 01:26 PM »
...is that powdery mildew...

What would that signify Frank? I'm not green fingered in any way but the wife has this problem with many potted plants around the house. I've often wondered if it were over watering.

Best to do a search just to make sure because PM is every gardeners nightmare! Needs to be stamped out asap or it will spread and kill everything. Spraying and air circulation should keep it at bay, but it is a systemic problem. Meaning it is already in the plant but with the right conditions will force its way out or can be caught from spores in the air from surrounding plants that already have it.
Chillies do struggle with wooly aphid so thats another possibility. (which is another sign of curling leaves) Often found underneath a curled leaf.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 02:11 PM »
Ah, Google shows the PM appearing on leaves, this is not what ours are suffering with which I guess we should be fortunate for. Our mildew appears on the soil surface within the pot.

Apologies for deviating slightly Chris.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Curling leaves can be lots of things Chris. Overwatering, too much Nitrogen, too high a temp, etc.
Just keep doing what you're doing, they're lookin fine.  ;)

A couple of things, Once the roots start showing out of the bottom of the nets, you only want to fill so that the water is licking the bottom, then let the roots follow the feed down. You dont want the rockwool constantly soaking.

The other thing, the small seedling at the front of the back right bucket, is that powdery mildew or just a trick of the light? Looks to have some white patches on it.

Thanks mate, just looked no PM on any (thank god)  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes