Author Topic: Viceroy Brasserie Pre-Cooked Chicken  (Read 17593 times)

Offline vinders

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Viceroy Brasserie Pre-Cooked Chicken
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 06:37 PM »
I Have also had good results from the Viceroy method. I've found that the cassia can sometimes impart a lot of flavour and would probably use less next time around.

Offline vinders

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:41 PM »
I forgot to add, the photo of the pre-cooked chicken looks just like the real deal!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 09:01 PM »
I must confess that I'm very happy with the finished product.  The flavour is very subtle and the texture very moist, which is what i wanted given the  effect my previous batch of chicken was having on my finished curries.  The base is neutral so in theory the end result will be dictated by what i add plus my technique of cooking it  :o  I'm guessing i probably cooked about 1.5kg of chicken but i still used the "quantities" quoted in the video, although these can be a bit open to interpretation  :) .  The last thing i wanted was to end up with over spiced chicken  which could influence the final dish.  The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.  I'll post the results as soon as I have chance to cook the final dish.  Here's hoping  ;D

littlechilie

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Hello CH :) Sounds like your on the right track, for me producing a good quality vindaloo was a fun challenge. There are some key things to achieving your goal and I'm interested to follow how you get along, best of luck on your journey.

Offline britishcurries

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2020, 05:34 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsxOc-awsI

Excellent vid from Ali.  Very similar method to what is used at my local TA.  One difference is that our chef blends onion and green pepper with the added water.  When cooled, a good amount of red spiced oil rises to the top.  This is the only spiced oil my local uses.  Generally, 1-2 chef

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2020, 07:52 PM »
The easiest way to make some spiced oil is to add excess oil to a curry as you make it and spoon it off at the end. Et voil

Offline britishcurries

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 04:35 PM »
The easiest way to make some spiced oil is to add excess oil to a curry as you make it and spoon it off at the end. Et voil

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 08:45 PM »
I can't tell you how long a scientist or a health-and-safety/food hygiene inspector would say that edible oils can be safely kept and used, but I can tell you that I keep my spiced oil in an unsealed container (a Kikkoman soya sauce dispenser) at ambient temperature and I never throw it away ...  It gets topped up every time I have some reclaimed oil to add, and that's it.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes