Author Topic: any good stores in the swansea area to get supplies from?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Currynoob

• Chef
    • View Profile
at the moment i am using spices bought from a local supermarket. i was woundering if anyone knew of any good stores in my area to get paste ect.?

Offline brum_57

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: any good stores in the swansea area to get supplies from?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Hi There, Tarik has opened a new shop on High Street\Bethesa Street, it used to be the Chinese grocers. He's got everything in there and what he hasn't got he'll get for you and the prices are amazing.

I think he calls it CRS food store (or something like that) but you can't miss it, it's next door to the Full Moon Pub.

Cheers. Kev Swansea.

Offline Currynoob

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:06 PM »
thanks Kev i also found masala bazaar on st helens road very nice and helpful i planned to give pathia a shot and having never used tamarind before when the gentalman helped me find it he could see i looks somewhat confused.
he kindly explained how to use the tamarind( i have it as a solid block that needs to be left to soak over night in walm water and then drained to remove the seeds) he also wished me luck i will go there again puerly because of the service.
middle asia market is very highly priced and limited amount of items. Exsotica was late opening so never bothered to go back there.

Offline balloo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:42 PM »
thanks Kev i also found masala bazaar on st helens road very nice and helpful i planned to give pathia a shot and having never used tamarind before when the gentalman helped me find it he could see i looks somewhat confused.
he kindly explained how to use the tamarind( i have it as a solid block that needs to be left to soak over night in walm water and then drained to remove the seeds) he also wished me luck i will go there again puerly because of the service.
middle asia market is very highly priced and limited amount of items. Exsotica was late opening so never bothered to go back there.

I have started using Masala Bazar on St Helens Rd friendly and reasonable. there are a few others on St Helens Road on left as you drive down from City centre keep your eyes open lol

©2024 Curry Recipes