Author Topic: Anyone can make a BIR curry | proof  (Read 23635 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone can make a BIR curry | proof
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46 PM »
If the (my my my) wife can make a BIR takeaway meal You can!!!

Sure enough any person with a functional brain and limbs can follow a recipe or be trained to do something.

In the same way as when you didn't know the "secret" that you claim to have  "unlocked", you had to learn it from your friend chef. Sadly, your video is not a proof, as the taste and smell doesn't come through with the video. I seriously cannot understand why insisting on this route of propaganda?

Offline chef888

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 08:29 AM »
another great vid ty Chris m8 for the time and effort put into sharing it with us all, a very tasty mouth waterline looking dish that Chris , and the curry looks good to  ;) lol ( Ivan)

Offline greenchili

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 09:12 AM »
Great vid Chris, looking forward to the ebook....Illegitimi non carborundum!

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Great vid Chris, looking forward to the ebook....Illegitimi non carborundum!

As a person with one post (undoubtedly from a proxy) your words count for nothing.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Get a life goncalo  ::)

Six posts, via a proxy, ditto my words above.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:01 AM »

But,, did your your your wife also make all the pre-mades?  ;) ;) (gravy, spiced oil red masala etc etc, because this is obviously where you're saying the secret lies and not in the method shown in the video)
If not, then I dont think this was a good advert for the ebook.
Still an enjoyable watch though.  ;D

Also, can you tell me if there will be many videos accompanying the ebook? and if so, will it be Sam cooking or yourself, or a combination of both of you?
I thought the fixed cam on the Shahee was one of the best i've seen, and because the chef actually talks to You, (without being prompted) you want to see his face when he speaks.
This was why i suggested 2 cameras. The fixed cam exactly as it was, and a handheld acting as a follow cam on the face and around the kitchen.
Just a thought.  ;)

Cheers, Frank.  :)
Hi Frank.
"But,, did your your your wife also make all the pre-mades?" Yes.

"this is obviously where you're saying the secret lies"
1. If you put everything in the pan at once you won't get the same curry. So yes the cooking is a big part of it.
2. If what you put in the pan is not right, then how can the curry be right. No matter how you cook it.

90% of the vids will be Sam cooking. I have taken onboard about the 2 cams.
Thanks for your kind comments.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 11:05 AM »

Sure enough any person with a functional brain and limbs can follow a recipe or be trained to do something.

In the same way as when you didn't know the "secret" that you claim to have  "unlocked", you had to learn it from your friend chef. Sadly, your video is not a proof, as the taste and smell doesn't come through with the video. I seriously cannot understand why insisting on this route of propaganda?

If you don't understand the point of the video, there is no point in me saying anything to you.
You would not understand it.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 11:05 AM »

I've tried to keep an open mind about this but it's now becoming clear that this is all smoke and mirrors coming from Chris. I sincerely doubt that Chris has any (and I mean any) secrets that we aren't already aware of from this forum. Spiced oil...big deal, masala paste..big deal. I see nothing, absolutely nothing in the videos from the chef that aren't bog standard techniques that we've had here for years now.

Of course there will always be the suckers who will buy the book (snake oil) hoping that it'll finally deliver on the author's promise of 'revealing the secrets'.

I value Chris' input on the forum, I like his vids, but shut up about the book for God's sake Chris (moderated) and just publish the damn thing so that I can finally say I told you so to all the mugs on this forum.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:43 PM by George »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 11:08 AM »

If you don't understand the point of the video, there is no point in me saying anything to you.
You would not understand it.

The point of the video (from your perspective) is to demonstrate that anyone can make the BIR curry by following your ebook.

The point of the video to anyone else who isn't taken in by the sales pitch is that it's nothing new, so why bother. Just another book to fleece people who have more money than sense.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Post http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11796.msg93365.html#msg93365 reported to moderator.  Reason : abusive language.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes