Author Topic: FED UP  (Read 23619 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: FED UP
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 01:42 AM »
In the main I manage to not get drawn in though I have had my moments with a couple of individuals!  ??? ::) :o
It ain't just me then that has these moments  ::)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 09:28 AM »
We need better moderation to knock this kind of thing on the head before it starts, Can't see it happening though. ::)

Les

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59 AM »
We need better moderation to knock this kind of thing on the head before it starts, Can't see it happening though. ::)

Les
It's not happened yet Les and for that reason I am inclined to agree with you. CA was probably the most active moderator but he gave it up. George has recently been a moderator (and still is I assume) who has undertaken to deal with the spam. Stew (admin), the owner of the site appoints moderators.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 10:07 AM »
In the main I manage to not get drawn in though I have had my moments with a couple of individuals!  ??? ::) :o
;D ;D Yeah I remember "one difference of opinion"  ::) ::)

CA was probably the most active moderator but he gave it up.
I thought it gave him up??  ::)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22 AM »
;D ;D Yeah I remember "one difference of opinion"  ::) ::)

Ha ha me too!!!  :D

CA was probably the most active moderator but he gave it up.

I couldn't possibly comment... ::)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 10:25 AM »

Either way CH we need more mods or give George permission to step into these arguments and stop them before they start. Three warnings and your OUT. To who ever starts the bickering. :o
But I think Admin should step in a bit more than he does as well.

Les

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30 AM »
I completely agree with all of this and I am new here and was shocked to see the amount of bickering and trolling here.  It doesn't set a good example to new members who could positively contribute to this forum.  However we shouldn't stifle debate but there needs to be a line drawn.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:42 AM by Curryking32000 »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Either way CH we need more mods or give George permission to step into these arguments and stop them before they start.

Les

I wouldn't support that idea.

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 11:04 AM »
I completely agree with all of this and I am new here and was shocked to see the amount of bickering and trolling here.  It doesn't set a good example to new members who could positively contribute to this forum.  However we shouldn't stifle debate but there needs to be a line drawn.

100% correct there. must be quite a shock for prospective new members viewing the boards and all they see is people arguing about nothing.....
Personally, I am fed up with logging in and seeing all the tosh that has been posted and very few constructive posts regarding curry

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 11:46 AM »
100% correct there. must be quite a shock for prospective new members viewing the boards and all they see is people arguing about nothing.....
Personally, I am fed up with logging in and seeing all the tosh that has been posted and very few constructive posts regarding curry
It certainly does not paint the forum in a good light, does it.  Re. moderation, i think we've already done this one to death as well. Most of those that have commented on the topic in the past are in favour of increased mods, but Admin for reasons known only to himself remains quiet on the subject.  It was even sugested when the forum got its revamp, but alas was passed over.  I saw nothing wrong with the way it was originally set up, providing the mods remain active members.

©2024 Curry Recipes