Author Topic: The physics of lassi making ...  (Read 1181 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
The physics of lassi making ...
« on: April 07, 2013, 09:38 PM »
So feeling the need for something sweet to follow my smoked-salmon sandwiches in Hovis Original Wheatgerm (one has to celebrate the first warm day of Spring somehow), I decided to make some lassi.  Usual suspects, usual method :  ice cubes, kesar mango puree, Greek yoghurt, Rubicon mango juice, all put in a Kenwood Major goblet blender (ice cubes at the bottom) and whizzed.  As I had measured nothing (as usual) and wanting to achieve an optimal consistency, I waited until the lassi had settled to a steady level and then cautiously removed the lid of the blender (which was still in full motion).  Observing the behaviour of the lassi I was able to estimate its consistency, and added further Rubicon until the desired consistency had been achieved.  At which point I turned the Major off.  Now the lassi was completely stable at this point, about 1/2" below the rim of the goblet.  But as the blender blades stopped, the lassi erupted into life, putting up a waterspout (lassispout, really) to a height of about 1 1/2".  I have my own ideas on why this happened (it was, of course, completely unexpected) but would be interested to hear others' points of view.

** Phil.

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The physics of lassi making ...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Lassi obviously heard a cry of distress and had to get out there to help.

...sorry..

©2024 Curry Recipes