Author Topic: Off-topic replies  (Read 43083 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Off-topic replies
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2015, 10:58 PM »
Hmmm?  Let's see? H4ppyLeader's dulcet tones, the bubbly bouncey "Namaste" of vahchef or a bit of open source musak. Tough choice, and there are pros / cons to all 3.  Here's an alternative idea. What about wildlife sounds?  Or perhaps some whale song?  That would be very soothing.

Can anybody do requests? I'd like a little bit of "African Sanctus" or "Obscured by Clouds" please.  Maybe it should be Ravi Shankar accompanied by Alla Rakha. This would set the mood but copyright is a problem with hosting sites though.  I plug the headphones in but don't wear them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:15 AM by livo »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2015, 01:54 AM »
What is the deal with the recent multiple appearances of new members who make a couple of absolutely nonsensical posts and then disappear?   :o :o The nature and wording of the last 3 or 4 in about a month would suggest it's the same person, but I don't understand the point they are trying to make at all.

I have never seen this before on any forum I have subscribed to using. Very unusual.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2015, 08:11 AM »
[Caveat lector :  this reply is on-topic] They are spammers-in-waiting; the posts are almost certainly placed by spam-bots, checking that their spammer-in-waiting accounts are activated.  I use "Report to moderator" as soon as they appear.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Well, you would at least hope that the spam-bots could make their entrance posts at least a little bit amusing.

©2024 Curry Recipes