Author Topic: Off-topic replies  (Read 43080 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Off-topic replies
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48 PM »
F***** love it :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 06:58 PM »
why not wait for a complaint first      Then delete .
I quite like the idea for the borderline cases, but is there not a short-list of really offensive words (I was going to list them, but didn't want to upset George) that we could all agree should be stamped down on immediately without requiring any formal complaint to be made ?

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 07:07 PM »
No, George.  I am criticising you...

Perhaps you'll establish a better online rapport with CH or that he'll be a lot more tolerant than I am.

Or perhaps he may bring a small dose of common to the entire issue! :)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Yes Phil I think offensive should go straight away and for me that is common sense
The jesty ones I'm referring to

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 07:45 PM »
I quite like the idea for the borderline cases, but is there not a short-list of really offensive words (I was going to list them, but didn't want to upset George) that we could all agree should be stamped down on immediately without requiring any formal complaint to be made ?

** Phil.

Yes we're all going to agree, Phil; just like the earth is flat, there is a God and Hearts will win the Champions League in my lifetime :)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Blooming heck , some sense been spoken , well said M T  :)
Mind you certain people will report jokey sweary words just because ....

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 09:53 PM »

Enter "THE REPORT TO MODERATOR" button  and part of the solution :o

Instead, if CH is reading this, I suggest that I transfer the 'special project' which is 'managing and monitoring' Phil, over to CH. Perhaps you'll establish a better online rapport with CH or that he'll be a lot more tolerant than I am.

Sorry George.  You may be my senior in age, length of membership, length of TIME as a mod BUT THAT IS ALL.  I am your  co-moderator not your "goffer".  I'll decline the special project as it has no place in this forum.  I will moderate ALL members posts as needs be, just as I expect you to.  To go down this route will only lead to shouts of favouritism etc.etc.

I did think of adding your alternative words for filth to the list of banned terms

I didn't realise there was such  a document George.  Admin did not make me aware of it.  Or, is it something you've drawn up off your own back?  Maybe you should share it with me.  I know it's a terrible thought but if we were to actually agree the content, there would at least be some consistancy in moderation of FOUL language.  "Bad language" could simply have been put better and could be used in an "off the cuff" remark or as a means of humour or jest. The forum is full of the latter two from the very outset and considered by the moderators of the day to be perfectly acceptable.
But FOUL and OFFENSIVE language does need  immediate moderation.
I wait to receive a PM of the list  :)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 10:31 PM »

Now we might be getting somewhere! Micky Tikka's idea is certainly worth a trial, so that's what I'll do - I'll wait for a "report to mod" sponsor before removing anything. Coupled with Phil's good idea to encourage everyone to use the 'report' button it might actually be an improvement.

I have a list but, given the work which went into compiling it, I consider it's my intellectual property and I'm not about to hand it over to CH. I'm surprised to hear any suggestion that there's lots of old swear words on the forum. I searched for, and removed, everything I found about a year ago. But for anything that's left, please 'report to mod'.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39 PM »
I have a list but, given the work which went into compiling it, I consider it's my intellectual property and I'm not about to hand it over to CH.

;D  Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron George.  As you have no intention of "being part of a team" as you posted in another thread,  I'll leave you to do all the language moderating.  I'm sure all members will be impressed with your expected response  ::)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:59 PM by curryhell »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 10:41 PM »
You're missing the point "George." What MT & Phil suggests is the norm on every other forum most people here are on; not a new idea to be tried. Your second sentence indicates you wouldn't know that though.

Are you going to delete that log thread too? It's mildly cretinous and shall we say possibly easily misunderstood by your targets fellow members.

:)

©2024 Curry Recipes