Author Topic: Hi from Sweden  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Swedechili

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hi from Sweden
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Hi all

This is Mats from Sweden. New to this excellent list. I?ve been browsing it for some time and printed out loads of recipes that I will try out as soon as possible.

I have very little experience from BIR since I haven?t been to one for almost 10 years. (think I had a chicken Korma last time I was in London) Been to few Indian restuarants in Sweden, they have all been good but I?m not sure if they use the same methods as the BIR?s.

I?ve been cooking a lot of Indian (and also Thai) food at home using Pat Chapmans books. I think they?re great but they are also the only ones I?ve tried so I?m very curious about using the BIR methods. Looking at the wonderful pictures on the site makes me really hungry.

Busy at the moment but I?ll try to make a base sauce next week. A small batch for a start in case I fail. Then probably a Madras.... or a Korma...... or a Vindaloo .......or a ......... can?t descide, I want to try them all.  :D

Cheers
Swedechili

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Hi Swedechilli
Welcome to Curry land our members are friendly and will help and advise you.

Please post all your comments and results in your Curry quests good luck.
Layne ;)

Offline swesia

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:22 PM »
I?m Swesia from Singapore living in Sweden. I join this group just 30 mins ago. I must say that this is such a wonderful site!I had learned quite alot within a short period of time, will recommend this site to some of my food lovers friends.  I like to combine chinese & indian cooking theory...like I used to make swedish meat ball using soya sauce! I will definately try some of the recipes!

Ciao,
Swesia

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Welcome aboard and Swedechili you may as well put your Pat Chapman books away somewhere as I doubt you will be needing them anymore  ;)

cK

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Hej Svenskarna! Im english and been living in stockholm for 15 yrs, if you need help or recommendations for restaurants in the stockholm area just ask! Help finding spices can be harder, but there are places around that have most of the stuff you will need.

I would say that some of the restaurants in Sweden are very much in the BIR style, others are completely different. Although alot are probably more conservative with the spices in Sweden you can still get a decent curry here. But of course, the best curries are the ones you do yourself from cr0 :)

Welcome to the site and if you need help just ask.

Regards Ashes

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum - enjoy the labours of your curry companions . :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Welcome matey, enjoy the ride  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes