Author Topic: Tonights Dinner  (Read 9456 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tonights Dinner
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:31 PM »
Well i'm not ashamed but this went down a treat!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights Dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Ee, lad, tha's gone reet back t'basics !  All looks very edible indeed, but sorry to see that you use pre-made English mustard :  it really doesn't cut the mustard, so to speak, particularly when compared to freshly made from Coleman's mustard powder (I usually add a little Knorr catering chicken stock powder to mine for generic use, or grated horseradish if it is to accompany beef).

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:59 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Looks lovely
Have you got the recipe Axe  ;D
I especially like the way you place the pea on the middle of the chop it really sets it off ;)
 Cheers Michael

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:30 AM »
You're making me hungry - and it's not even lunch-time! :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 01:12 PM »
All looks very edible indeed, but sorry to see that you use pre-made English mustard...

Funny you mention that as I have both in the cupboard. I mostly use the powdered version as an ingredient in cooking. When i've made it up as mustard, i've thought it quite lacking and certainly not as hot.

Looks lovely, Have you got the recipe Axe  ;D I especially like the way you place the pea on the middle of the chop it really sets it off ;)

I hadn't noticed the poor fella sitting by himself on the chop, he must have been pee'd off with the others!  ;D

For the recipe Micheal and to achieve that missing 5% you need a wife, a swimming pool with sauna and 2 hours spare time. This is the important part, instruct the wife that your going for a swim and a sauna. When she asks "what time will you be back?", reply "about 6". Then explain that all she need do is add the chops, mushrooms each with a knob of butter and apples, into a roasting tin and cook on 170c Fan for about 45mins. Mention also that if your not back in time just pop it in the top oven with a plate over it to keep warm.

Now this is where the magic happens: pop out ot the leisure centre and relax in the pool and sauna for several hours, stopping at the local brewery shop to pick a few pints of real ale and arrive home 15mins late. Take plate out of oven to find dinner lovingly cooked and swimming in gravy. Transfer to table, take picccy, then devour.

All quite simple really, but it does take some practice.  ;D

You're making me hungry - and it's not even lunch-time! :)

Thanks Naga, it was lovely. :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Looks lovely, Have you got the recipe Axe  ;D I especially like the way you place the pea on the middle of the chop it really sets it off ;)

I hadn't noticed the poor fella sitting by himself on the chop, he must have been pee'd off with the others!  ;D

Perhaps he's been given the chop!  ;D

I looked at that photo and thought "sod the mushroom pasta" I'm having that. So I defrosted a lamb chop and had it with peas, potatoes and onion gravy. I was disappointed; as ever I think the act of cooking killed my appetite.  :(

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Perhaps he's been given the chop!  ;D

I looked at that photo and thought "sod the mushroom pasta" I'm having that. So I defrosted a lamb chop and had it with peas, potatoes and onion gravy. I was disappointed; as ever I think the act of cooking killed my appetite.  :(

Given the chop. ;D

Sometimes you just can't beat simple dinners but your right, there is something extra special about it being cooked for you. I wonder when that penny will drop for those still seeking the missing piece to the jigsaw. ;)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Thanks for the recipe Axe  ;D ;D ;D
Its defiantly a must try
Just to clarify for the peas was they heaped or level tablespoons

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:32 AM »
Thanks for the recipe Axe  ;D ;D ;D
Its defiantly a must try
Just to clarify for the peas was they heaped or level tablespoons

Oh sorry Michael it was a heaped chef spoon ;)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 01:15 AM »
and apples, into a roasting tin

I'm glad you said apples. :)
 I couldn't tell for sure and hoped they weren't roasted onions. Cant stand the taste of a roasted onion. :-X
All looks delicious by the way.  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes