Author Topic: Yeastless naan bread nailed.  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Yeastless naan bread nailed.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 10:39 PM »
fridgedoc that's a nice looking naan but it's a yeast based naan and you've posted it a thread for non yeast naan. It would probably have been better if you'd posted it the "pictures of your curries" section. I'm not getting at you but just thinking it's a pity that we have no active moderators as they could have moved your post to the correct section.

Offline fridgedoc

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Oooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem Stephen, we all make mistakes

I tried to delete it but no luck, have re-posted as a new topic

Humble apologies

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:43 AM by fridgedoc »

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Oooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to delete it but no luck

Humble apologies

Don't worry about it. Your naan looks very very good, I'm going to buy yeast and try your recipe. Could you just confirm how long do you preheat the tawa for and how long do you cook it in the tawa and then how long under the grill and at what distance?

Offline fridgedoc

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 11:47 PM »

[/quote]

Don't worry about it. Your naan looks very very good, I'm going to buy yeast and try your recipe. Could you just confirm how long do you preheat the tawa for and how long do you cook it in the tawa and then how long under the grill and at what distance?

[/quote]

Hi Goncalo

tawa needs to be hot (as hot as the wall of a tandoori oven) careful how you slap Naan onto tawa, once on you cannot move it, allow bubbles to start to form then under the grill but keep an eye on the Naan as it will burn it's your judgement how close to flame and for how long, once cooked apply butter/gee and remove off tawa using an egg slice or pallet knife.

Any problems give me  a shout, all the best

©2024 Curry Recipes