Author Topic: So excited I found this place  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Simplysandy

• Chef
    • View Profile
So excited I found this place
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Hello to all you lovely curry lovers, it's been 5 blinking long months since I had a takeaway :-(
I moved to the back of beyond (the hills in Scotland) the views amazing, fresh air by the gallon but did I think about takeaways or restaurants? Noooooooooooooo. For the past 4 weeks it's been an obsession to have one, then I found you by complete accident after watching a curry2go vid. I've made my first base and god is tonight going to be the best damn night of this year. So hello everyone, and I look forward to speaking to you alllllll. I think I have altitude sickness, so apologies in advance :-)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: So excited I found this place
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32 PM »
I hope it goes well because it did for me. Only problem is that I now eat a lot more curries than I used to ;D

Offline Simplysandy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Lol love the name, and tonight I don't care my house smells like a takeaway and I'm looking forward to the lovely recipes I've seen on here.  :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Hi Sandy and welcome you certainly sound crazy enough to fit in here amongst us curry crazed nutters! ;D

Offline Simplysandy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Why thank you lol, crazy hmmm let's see yessssss that's me  8)
I'm looking forward to lots of chats, and I feel an obsession with curry coming on! Good job I've got a bike and lots of hills, otherwise in a few months they may have to remove the roof to get me out. :)

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Out of curiosity, which base did you make and what dish are you planning on making with it?

Offline Simplysandy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41 PM »
Well having lost my car to the garage yesterday, I couldn't get to a supermarket for the list of ingredients (as the nearest shop sells only salt and pepper) I ad libbed  a bit with the curry2go base and had all the veg, it has turned out very nice indeed. I live on a sheep farm, so have the best of lamb to hand so lamb Kari, chicken korma for the kids and a chicken bhuna mint sauce and popadoms.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Looking forward to a full report, welcome :D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29 PM »
hello Simplysandy and welcome to the forum from Dundee

Offline Simplysandy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I can't report  :( I'm leaving it till tomorrow, it's now to late I had to do a ridiculous trip to collect my car! Went to tesco's and guess what? No spices that I needed and they don't sell ginger? Grrrrrr I will scour the land for methi leaves I need an Asian supermarket, so next question I need to stock up on everything anybody know anywhere? I live in the hills above abington Scotland if anybody knows it :)

©2024 Curry Recipes