Author Topic: How to Make a Staff Curry  (Read 82426 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make a Staff Curry
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Hi Chris is this your mixed powder for this recipe?

Ed

2 Tbsp curry powder (mild madras)
2 Tbsp corriander powder.
2 Tbsp turmeric powder.
1 Tbsp paprika powder.
1 Tbsp cumin powder.
1 Tsp chilli powder.

That will work well for this curry Ed  ;)

Is that a "yes", a "no", or an "I'm not saying -- you'll have to buy the e-book if you want my mixed powder recipe" ?
** Phil.

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Actually got mine on the go now, well sort of as I had to make a few variations due to what I've got available.
I only had a long pointed sweet pepper, the first time I've actually used one, don't exactly know what they taste like yet.
No, toms so a Tbs tom puree and seeing I have defrosted some base and don't want to waste it I threw that in as well.
Far from spec but still smells promising. another 15 Min's should do it.... Roll On!

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 07:36 PM »
Looking forward to the results tommy

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19 AM »
I did this last night and to keep it in my curry thread the posting is here. Hope it doesn't confuse matters

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic=11440.msg95427#msg95427

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 11:23 AM »
I did this last night and to keep it in my curry thread the posting is here. Hope it doesn't confuse matters

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic=11440.msg95427#msg95427

Just read your post Gav it looks spot on, you did the curry proud.
What a compliment "It was really really nice and all 7 of us agreed it was the best curry yet we had had at work"
cheers Chris.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Just read your post Gav it looks spot on, you did the curry proud.
What a compliment "It was really really nice and all 7 of us agreed it was the best curry yet we had had at work"
cheers Chris.

One of the lads  commented on the fact that is was like the stuff his Indian mates wife used to make. I'd like to try Chewy's idea of doing it in a pressure cooker to see if there's any difference although past memories of peoples Sunday Dinners knocked up totally in a pressure cooker still haunt me today. As for the curry, I've just finished what was left for breakfast. Keep them coming  :)

Offline pauly58

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 06:59 PM »
In the early eighties, I was good friends with the manager of the East Indian in Surbiton, Surrey. Many times I ate the staff curry with the boys in the early hours, & believe me, most of you wouldn't like it one bit. A watery stew , with bits of lamb on the bone, eaten with boiled rice & no knives & forks.

It always made me laugh to hear the drunks ask Kamal could they have the staff curry, was it really that hot !

Offline matcurry

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 10:15 PM »
I am definitely going to try this one out, watched the recipe on you tube and loved the way the onions are cooked three times with water this must add loads of taste. i will use chicken off the bone.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37 PM »
I am definitely going to try this one out, watched the recipe on you tube and loved the way the onions are cooked three times with water this must add loads of taste. i will use chicken off the bone.

Mat, if you want taste, leave the chicken on the bone.  You can always remove it at the point of service if you don't want bones on your plate, but you will definitely get loads more flavour if you cook it on the bone.

** Phil.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Mat, if you want taste, leave the chicken on the bone.  You can always remove it at the point of service if you don't want bones on your plate, but you will definitely get loads more flavour if you cook it on the bone.

** Phil.

Definitely skin on and on the bone for fuller flavour. As Phil says you can ditch them for serving but for me its finger food at its best.

©2024 Curry Recipes