Author Topic: Ami's Curry  (Read 15383 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ami's Curry
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 03:17 PM »
So I'm sorry I didn't make much use of the powders as I didn't manage to cook a baseuntil last sunday. I have finally tried the garam massala in a jalfrezi and I thought it lifted it up significantly, but for whatever reason, it didn't down on me to add bassar. Chaat massala is still one I am not sure where to use. Any thoughts on how to use it outside the traditional/chaat dishes?

In general, I really enjoyed the final outcome -- this jalfrezi was packed with flavour with a noticeable GM overtouch (I used a pinch, probably 1/8th - 1/6th of a TSP). I think these are really good quality spices, although it's not quite clear whether you would gain substantially from buying and or making them yourself. I will probably need to get back to this topic with a better idea.

The picture of my jalfrezi

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ami's Curry
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32 AM »
Nice! Sounds like great quality (: This small amount, but still enough flavour, reminds me of good, fragrant homemade GM!

It's still somehow traditional, but not a chaat item per se, very easy to do and you will get a good taste of that masala - what about some sandwich? ;P I was thinking about the Bombay Sandwich, but you can make any sandwich you like, and spice it up with that Chaat. In fact, Chaat masala is pretty similiar to what they call "Sandwich masala" over there, just with a few more spices - and many sandwich vendors prefer it!

Salads, raitas, fingerfood... any BIR dish that needs a sour taste or pakistani food (almost anything "Lahori style") - there has to be something for you (:

©2024 Curry Recipes