Author Topic: Hello, world!  (Read 7121 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, world!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Sieve it.

Ah, "pass it" as in "pass it through a sieve".  /Now/ I understand !  Thank you, Frank.
** Phil.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 11:48 PM »
Sieve it.

Ah, "pass it" as in "pass it through a sieve".  /Now/ I understand !  Thank you, Frank.
** Phil.

You should turn your tv on once in a while Phil and watch a chefy programme.  They're always passing things these days!
Celeriac puree anyone?  :P

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55 PM »
You should turn your tv on once in a while Phil and watch a chefy programme.  They're always passing things these days!

No thank you : "chefy programmes" haven't been the same since the sad demise of Fanny and Johnny Craddock ...
** Phil.
--------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWUsv8wCNUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJKaFpsrNxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxozpMgwnE
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:48 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 12:08 AM »
 ;D
Thats the same as my cooker, Prince no.2 only mine was the top of the range. Red and cream.  8)
Mint condition and stored in the garage for years since i moved to the sticks with no gas.  :(
My nan had the blue one in the video.

edit: ohh, you changed the video.

Offline randomxchef

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Morning guys! While i appreciate BIR cooking IS different, its about how you treat each ingredient in my opinion, once you have learned to do that you can make the changes you like!
I would like to get some of the basics down, then maybe try adding some twists onto the recipes (obviously not recipes to tangle with the good ol' classics!).
I was thinking of trying the Chinese method of "velveting" the chicken would be a good place to start, but even some different finishing techniques like adding butter to monte the sauce, or adding a liaison, and how that effects the quality of the finished product.
Oil seems to be a hot topic here as well, i would be interested to see if rather having the sauce "suspended" in a large quantity of oil, if maybe a lower quantity could be used, then emulsified through the sauce to distribute the flavor, then compare the finished products.
Of course I'd also like to make some good BIR curries as well, do don't think i'm here to try and change the world- i just love to experiment!
I just wish i had DalPuri's awesome vintage hardware co cook on as i did it ;)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:44 AM »
edit: ohh, you changed the video.

Sorry, I'll put the other one back so people don't think you've gone crazy :)
** Phil.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 01:21 PM »

I just wish i had DalPuri's awesome vintage hardware co cook on as i did it ;)

And thats only me cooker. I picked up a complete aluminium kitchen down the scrappy for 30 quid. (scrap value, I'm mates with the guy) 
English Rose in red and cream to match my cooker  8)
Probably worth a couple of grand.  :P

I've got more cupboards than pictured, and thats all in storage too.  ::)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 02:18 PM »
That's a show-room photograph, you cheating s@d :  no real human being can keep a kitchen that tidy (unless she's female) !

:)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 02:25 PM »
That's a show-room photograph, you cheating s@d :  no real human being can keep a kitchen that tidy (unless she's female) !

:)

Yeah of course. All of mine has never been installed. My Kitchen is too small.  :(
Its just biding its time in storage until i move to a bigger place.

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Oil seems to be a hot topic here as well, i would be interested to see if rather having the sauce "suspended" in a large quantity of oil, if maybe a lower quantity could be used, then emulsified through the sauce to distribute the flavor, then compare the finished products.
This sounds very interesting. I'd also like to see how you would make the bagghar/tarka with your (french?) classical background/experience once you've dived into the subject. Flavoured oils would also be a nice topic that others appear to have not had much success at. BTW: I think many of the recipes here are the "real deal", just the instructions may be incomplete for non-professional cooks.

©2024 Curry Recipes