Author Topic: Thursday is Crazy curry day!  (Read 13076 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday is Crazy curry day!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20 PM »
The usage of olive oil is not really BIR, then again, the curry guy is known for his traditional takes.

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 07:34 PM »
The usage of olive oil is not really BIR, then again, the curry guy is known for his traditional takes.

I think he used Ghee.  The olive oil was my choice, as keen to use something I think is healthier and tbh I've never noticed any difference between olive oil and other things.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 08:44 PM »

I think he used Ghee.  The olive oil was my choice, as keen to use something I think is healthier and tbh I've never noticed any difference between olive oil and other things.

Btw, upon re-reading my post I feel somewhat awkward. I didn't meant to say it in a bad way, but trying to point out that BIRs don't use olive oil. I do a lot of concoctions and break the BIR rules too. I also had the chance to see one of his videos in which he used olive oil on his korma by accident! I've enjoyed the video and I'm sorry if I sounded arrogant :)

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Btw, upon re-reading my post I feel somewhat awkward. I didn't meant to say it in a bad way, but trying to point out that BIRs don't use olive oil. I do a lot of concoctions and break the BIR rules too. I also had the chance to see one of his videos in which he used olive oil on his korma by accident! I've enjoyed the video and I'm sorry if I sounded arrogant :)

No worries, no offence was taken.  I've read plenty of posts on this forum to know when someone is having a go (gets somewhat childish at times).  Thanks for your updated post though :-)

Offline Wickerman

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Good work,Alchemist .
Loved the video.

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Good work,Alchemist .
Loved the video.

Cheers Wickerman...lots more to follow!

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 08:36 PM »
My Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUJVkEQ2s8

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 10:54 PM »
My attempt at The Curry Guys lamb keema. 

http://youtu.be/Jhpxmbn0Krk

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 12:18 AM »
Thanks for taking the time and effort of recording these videos alchemist.

I thought your CTM recipe is quite different from what I'm used to in more than one way. One thing I couldn't understand entirely was the use of garam masala in the CTM, as it just doesn't seem right in my book (particularly in the proportions you used) How would you say your recipe compares to a BIR?

On the second video, you've done your meat in a similar fashion to my aloo keema attempt which I wasn't too impressed by either. I enjoyed how you were genuinely truthful about how your food tasted on that video! Is the recipe really called 'lamb keema'?

Thanks for taking the time!

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 12:22 AM »
I'LL tell you whats lacking,, some heat under your pans!!

Either deal with the splatter or use a high sided pan but, Whack that heat up!  ;)
You'll make far better curries when you start to fry your ingredients rather than sweat them.  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes