Author Topic: Chilli Prawns Punjabi Gosht (Lamb)  (Read 1647 times)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Chilli Prawns Punjabi Gosht (Lamb)
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Hi All
Chilli Prawn would you Please post your recipe for your Punjabi Gosht (Lamb) ::)

I would be most interested in trying it :P
 ;) Layne

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli Prawns Punjabi Gosht (Lamb)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:51 AM »
I can post it certainly (later), but do remember it is Pat Chapman's original recipe but slightly mofified.

Happy Cooking

C P

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:14 AM »
Not a big fan of the " smoke & mirrors - buy my product king " ... but I do expect that your recipe will reflect the usual expertise and upgrade that we have all grown accustomed to .

CC

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Hi CC. I see you are quite close to my philosophy, but hey, I have to make a living.  One thing though is that I will not sacrifice quality and flavour, my business is built on this and is retained even though I am more or less an a par, price wise, with the BIRs.

On the point about PC and his books.  He was an original pioneer in this area from way back in the early 70s, and some of his early works provided some good info to newbies.  On principal I would not use his stuff, fo the same reason you have provided, but of late I have tried and modified a couple of his recipes to see how they perform; and they do.  Anyway PC has retired and someone else has bought & taken over his Curry Club.

Happy Cooking
C.P

PS My Brother in Law and Sister in Law live in Canada; Ottawa & Vancouver respectively.  I am told by my wife and family you are fortunate to have some very good Indian restaurants there (big place I know!).  Went to one in Montreal but not impressed.

©2024 Curry Recipes