Author Topic: Methi chicken vs Ex hot lamb vindaloo  (Read 29451 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Methi chicken vs Ex hot lamb vindaloo
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12 AM »
The vindaloo looks excellent.  Also, good effort with the presentation, especially after a couple if Cobras! :)

Alchemist - why do you feel it necessary to repeat Bob's excellent images, to accompany your brief post, or any size post? It's unnecessary duplication gone mad.

Would other members consider it a desirable extension of my moderator duties to remove duplications like that? How can anyone need to see the same images multiple times?

Phil's repetition of one image was OK, in my opinion, because it was directly related to his comment.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40 AM »
I for one wouldn't be bothered if you deleted them, thats if you could keep up with them. :) I don't think its intentional as it just comes up with text in the reply with quote and its not just Alchemist that does it.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20 AM »
It is indeed as Gav Iscon says :  the default, when quoting in reply, is to include everything, images included.  For those familiar with BB-code, it is but the work of a moment to strip out all but the essentials; but many of our members (perhaps most) are more concerned with curries than with IT, and therefore the intricacies of BB-code are beyond them.  I agree most whole-heartedly with the need for trimming, but perhaps we first need to educate our members as to how to accomplish this.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:28 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27 PM »
........ but perhaps we first need to educate our members in how to accomplish this.

** Phil.

I do think that would be the best way.

So listen in quoters, if you don't need the image in your reply just delete the [ img ] image url here..blah blah  [ / img ]  out of the quoted text which is above where you will be typing your reply. Hope that makes sense.  :)

There is of course a mod available http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=373677.0 which removes them automatically and replaces them with a link but that would be up to the forum admin to install.

And apologies for hijacking your delicious looking thread Rob.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 02:04 PM »
I for one wouldn't be bothered if you deleted them, thats if you could keep up with them. :) I don't think its intentional as it just comes up with text in the reply with quote and its not just Alchemist that does it.

OK, I'll live dangerously and delete what I see as unnecessary duplication of images, whenever I come across such posts. I can't see how anyone can see an advantage in having the same block of images appear several times.

Offline vindapoo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 10:32 PM »
I agree no need to quote a thread you are replying to. I mod a largish form and we always delete these quotes with 'unnecessary quote removed' in red.

Helps keep the database slim as well.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Thought i'd add to BB's thread as it contains some lovely looking dishes and one almost identical to that i cooked just before he posted the original thread.  The extrahot vindi (you could easily call it phall) recipe is simply a winner.  One and a quarter chef's spoon of extra hot chilli, tsp mix powder, g/g, diluted tomato paste, salt, fresh coriander, 10 roughly chopped chillis and a tsp of balti paste to see what it  would bring to the party.  Second time i've cooked this and enjoyed it both times as a nice change.  A really thick sauce, just thicker than thick with virtually all the liquid removed, not quite paste like but close.  Went down really well again tonight but not for the non chilli lover.  A few pics

the simple ingredients

After the first reduction and the chicken added

Oil now beginning to show

All done

The vindi / phall

the rice

And finally my supper

Served with a good portion of pilau rice as cooked using my own recipe but with added milk which provides the perfect pilau that i find in my neck of the woods.  I don't know what it is about adding milk, but it kind of rounds off the flavour and provides the identical BIR smell to many of the pilaus rond here.  The house just smells like a restaurant  :P

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 10:41 AM »
Fantastic dish there CH.  Does look remarkably similar to my effort.  I must be doing something right.

Rob  :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02 AM »
It certainly does look nice although 1.25 chefs spoons of extra hot chili powder would probably buckle me. :o . The rice looks great. Could we have or have you already posted a recipe for it?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:05 PM by Gav Iscon »

Offline Alchemist

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55 AM »
The vindaloo looks excellent.  Also, good effort with the presentation, especially after a couple if Cobras! :)

Alchemist - why do you feel it necessary to repeat Bob's excellent images, to accompany your brief post, or any size post? It's unnecessary duplication gone mad.

Would other members consider it a desirable extension of my moderator duties to remove duplications like that? How can anyone need to see the same images multiple times?

Phil's repetition of one image was OK, in my opinion, because it was directly related to his comment.

As per the other comments, it wasn't intentional, hadn't appreciated the image would be repeated.  Will happily strip out next time now I realise how it works  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes