Author Topic: Tonight's Tea - Chicken Bangla Garlic and Chicken Bengali  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Well it's been a while since I posted any pics so here is my effort from tonight.

Chicken Bangla Garlic

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11286.msg85601.html#msg85601

Chicken Bengali

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11360.msg86396.html#msg86396

The Chicken Bengali (left) has a slightly sour note, thanks to the use of tamarind concentrate. I imagine that this will not be to everyone's taste but it is a nice change. By contrast the Chicken Bangla Garlic is positively sweet, though there is no sugar in it. It has a real depth of flavour, due I think to the level of garlic and coriander, which is added to by the spring onions. This has now become a staple and I've been cooking this once a week for the past few months now.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Tea - South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:46 PM »
I see that South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken got a mention in recent posts and this is my effort. requires a bit of effort through a pre-made chilli paste but it is well worth the effort and for me it is on the cusp of hotness to my palate.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:26 PM by Stephen Lindsay »

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Tea - Chicken Bangla Garlic and Chicken Bengali
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13 PM »
What was the recipe for the Chili garlic Chicken?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 08:27 PM »
What was the recipe for the Chili garlic Chicken?

It's my own recipes based in part on the recipe from the "other" site. It's not been posted yet cause it's still in draft form.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:33 PM »

It's my own recipes based in part on the recipe from the "other" site. It's not been posted yet cause it's still in draft form.
No probs, was just looking for something different for one night this week end  ::) Looks really nice.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Nice work as usual SL. The one with tamarind looks to have attitude :D The other two look very tasty ;) Origins of the first two as i've heard of neither?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46 AM »
CH I think cook4one website had the first two recipes and I adapted them for Taz base and method - the Bengali is fairly intense and a bit spicy, or as you say, it has a bit of attitude.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Looks tops SL. You have inspired me to revisit the taz base again, which I haven't cooked in a long while.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 07:29 PM »
goncalo I've stuck with this base for a couple of years now and don't really feel the need to go anywhere else. If I do I'll probably, it would just be for the hell of it and I'd go back to the Ashoka base and method - it's is absolutely top drawer.

©2024 Curry Recipes