Author Topic: media chefs  (Read 1920 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
media chefs
« on: June 24, 2013, 02:13 PM »
How many of you follow (or followed) recipes that these media chefs publish through television shows?

I'm wondering, because I have not been very successful with a few "100% to spec" recipes, from Gordon Ramsay, Jamie, etc. and I was wondering what are your thoughts/experiences?

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: media chefs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Madhur Jaffrey
Ken Hom
Sophie Grigson

All three have given me excellent results. Cant say i've followed many of the others. The odd recipe from Floyd, Marco and Mossiman always worked for me too.

My sister has always been a big fan of Delia Schmidt and the male equivalent Jamie Oyiver.  ::)  :-X

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:45 PM »
For the best of British, BRIAN TURNER.

Les

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Good information so far. Do you find their recipes to be generally accurate or do you always end up changing a few bits and pieces?

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Although I hate to say it, Delia Smith.  Last week I did a double batch of her Paella in a wok and it came out spanking. I've done it a few times before and it always gets the thumbs up. I quite like Gordon Ramsays recipes as they are usually simple but have had mixed results.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Constance Spry, Pru Leith, Caroline Waldesgrave, Mary Berry, Kenneth Lo, Madhur Jaffrey, to pick half-a-dozen names at random from the bookshelf.  As I rarely if ever watch terrestrial television, I have no idea whether these all qualify as "media chefs", but all have most definitely made their mark in the culinary world.  Along with "Practical Professional Cookery", the first three form my first line of reference whenever I need an authoritative source for a western dish.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes