Author Topic: Mushroom Mike  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Mushroom Mike
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:39 AM »
Hi All

I have Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name's Mike, I'm a mad keen cook and foodie. I get up to all sorts of things in the name of culinary pleasure. I grow a lot of my own produce on my allotment, cure bacon, ham and corned beef, smoke fish, bake bread and take advantage of nature's free larder by foraging for all sorts of wild foods especially mushrooms... In my spare time I also enjoy a spot of carp and barbel angling.
I live in Worcestershire, not a million miles from the "balti capital". I love all sorts of cuisines - Italian, British, French, you name it but for me there is nothing more complex and challenging than the curry. What should be the most humble of dishes is to my mind actually the most sophisticated. I spent 10 years trying to replicate the BIR taste before realising that I was doing it all wrong. I'd fry off onions, garlic and ginger then add raw diced chicken, various combinations of spices, chillies and finally stock and coriander thinking it was only a matter of time before I "cracked the code". How wrong was I? It is only in the last 6 months through really researching the subject online that I have began to learn about base gravies, mix powders and pre cooked chicken and wow what a difference in results!
By joining the forum I hope to learn more tricks and tips in my search for the authentic BIR taste.

Thanks guys I have already posted a topic in the Base Gravy/Sauces section entitled "Pat Chapman Base Gravy" Please take a look.

Many Thanks

MushroomMike

©2024 Curry Recipes