Author Topic: Base Sauce  (Read 7861 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Base Sauce
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 11:23 AM »
Good stuff Garp.  Fairly new to all this myself.  I have made several bases though and am also wary of recipes from relatively unestablished websites. Personally, even without trying this base, I have my doubts. Nothing much about it grabs me as an authentic BIR recipe. I could be wrong of course, but I think your efforts would be better rewarded by first trying a couple of the more proven base recipes on here. There are plenty to chose from.
Well, I would be inclined to give the recipe the benefit of the doubt :  nothing about it strikes me as in-authentic, with the possible exception of the inclusion of garam masala in the base.  It is sufficiently similar to so many others than I can see no a priori reason not to give it a go.  The site has been around since October 2010 or possibly earlier.

** Phil.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 02:05 PM »
I did try the recipes from this site, only the BIR recipes, for me the onion paste recipe spoils it for me because of the addition of the water to blend, nearly every dish i made just tasted of raw onion.
 If i can remember, it was a while a go now, i got so fed up with cooking the thing, takes too long and the final result wasn't that impressive.

I think it's an attempt at a bunjarra but does not quite get there.

I did use the base for other recipes after my attempts but didn't go back to it.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 02:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't planning to use the onion paste, just use the base with one of the recipes on here.

Will let you know how it goes  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes