Author Topic: Hot Wok.  (Read 10869 times)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Wok.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57 AM »
A great suggestion Stu, yes and welcome back to rip off Britain and that's putting it mildly.  I would probably be up for one if the price is right, I don't really need one but what the heck! 

I have just been trying the process to emigrate to NZ and open a BIR but they told me to Naff off as I was too old. :(

BTW Darth, I have told you before that there is no Santa, and its not PC anymore anyway  ::)  Just come to terms with it old son and hold those tears back  :'(.  Its better to seek the HG isn't it?

Any party that says it will release the BIR secret in their manifesto gets my vote.

Happy Cooking
CP

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 11:17 AM »
I like being.........."not politically correct".... being PC is it this ?.... "hi I'm a dehumanised, spineless product of the 21st century"  ;D

Santa Clause is real & Mermaids sit in Tree's eating Pencils & Mittens, am i the only sane man left  ;D :P blubaa blubaa where's my chilled Phall sauce?

Anyhow Hot Woks all round i see, good, Stew do your magic mate & it will be "oooh look what Santa Brought"!  :D

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Hey I'm not PC these days, got fed up with it because no one else was PC, especially those who yell PC everytime we put our foot in it.....

I guess you will be telling me you believe in Yoda and Jawas next.  Hmmm.... maybe cold phall is what you need Darth!  ;D

keep on cookin'
CP

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46 PM »
where's my chilled Phall sauce?

I'm glad im not the only one who sneaks to the fridge for a spoonfull of that mind blowing tasty chilled Phall sauce, when ever i order a ruby, i always get em to make a phall sauce(no meat or veg)

You got a good recipe for it yet?

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Hi John, Yes i can make a Phall 100% correct (now there's a boast).
But i must point out, IMHO All the Phall's I've ever bought from Bir's are so full of chilli powder (i like it  :D) that they seem different to vindalloo & Tindalloo Curries even though they may not be.
If you want the recipe matey just Pm me okee.
I will get round to posting it soon too. ;)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 10:25 AM »
One of my favorites is cold curry for breakfast, especially if I have had a few beers the night before.  I either eat it neat, or grab a couple of end crusts and make a sarnie.  It is mind blowing but it sure sorts the system out and clears the fuzzy head!

CP

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 10:28 AM »
& keeps ya regular  :o

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Just for completeness, I checked the energy consumption of my (bog standard) domestic gas cooker (natural gas), as follows:

I think I read somewhere that Mark J thinks that a typical restaurant burner is about 4.5 kW?

The Dominator, a popular cooker for catering is 5.8 Kw per burner; but the more expensive ones can go up to around 7Kw.  You need a very big gas pipe and a huge gas meter to go with them!  One of the reasons we try to manage with a domestic range cooker (Ugh!), can't affor ?3k for a new supply!

CP

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Hence ?60 or less for the Hot wok & ?14 for a bottle of Gas.

You can do it outside & be as professional as you like.
 (Oil & curry everywhere) & no burnt Ceiling  ;) :D ;D 8) Sorted.

Offline DonnieH

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52 PM »
These were circa ?60 last year and now if you want one the min I can find is about ?115

Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

©2024 Curry Recipes