Author Topic: Back to my roots  (Read 12888 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Back to my roots
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Many thanks for going to this trouble. The least I can do, is try it.
A pleasure, George.  It was good to make a curry that was received with such enthusiasm by my wife -- I must be doing something right !

Yesterday, I used something along the lines of your chicken marinade. I used Pataks Balti paste, which I happened to have in the fridge, plus some lemon juice, fresh garlic and pepper. It's the first time I've got pleasant results from any Pataks paste. The  amount which entered the sauce didn't ruin it, like Pataks usually does. My sauce was my own, just following my instinct.
I haven't tried their Balti paste, but their Kashmiri masala is one of my staples.  It is easy to overdo it, if you use too much, but used in moderation it can add a definite je ne sais quoi to a curry.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:10 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Back to my roots
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 02:26 PM »
I haven't tried their Balti paste, but their Kashmiri masala is one of my staples.  It is easy to overdo it, if you use too much, but used in moderation it can add a definite je ne sais quoi to a curry.

I bought Patak's Balti paste in order to try a recipe which seemed to show promise, but it was rubbish - not from this site, incidentally.

I will, however, give the Kashmiri masala (I assume it is a paste) a try, seeing as you recommend it.

©2024 Curry Recipes