Author Topic: C2G Julian's Ebook part 2  (Read 16205 times)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C2G Julian's Ebook part 2
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 02:35 PM »
Thank you Phil.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Ader1.

i'd wait for the 2nd book. the 1st is a good read but nothing really new (not already posted).

i've not made anything from the 1 st book.

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Is the second book a 'stand alone' book or does it build on what he says in the first?  I hope what I've said is clear.....I did look at the description on the first page and he mentions some not so common dishes which will be covered.  I suppose the more common ones were covered in the first and will not be in the second?  Thanks.

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02 PM »
I bought the first book, because it was called The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste

and that was exactly what I wanted

Although an interesting read and with some tasty recipes, I never managed to get that "Takeaway Curry Taste"
And ,believe me, I really tried
Especially when he kept going on about how long to cook the onions in the base
All those comments about getting a vinegar aroma
My hopes were raised, then well and truly dashed

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 11:29 PM »
OK thanks haldi.  May I ask you your favourite book or ebook for making BIR Curries?  The one that's done most for you to develop yourself in getting or getting close to that taste you are wanting to achieve?

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 09:57 AM »
OK thanks haldi.  May I ask you your favourite book or ebook for making BIR Curries?  The one that's done most for you to develop yourself in getting or getting close to that taste you are wanting to achieve?

I don't think anyone here really got the taste or aroma yet (other than the occasional one-time-thing), that's why we are all here. We've all, one way or another made some progress and can pull some neat parties full of good compliments, but none of the current books explains beyond what is already known or written over here.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 01:52 PM »

I don't think anyone here really got the taste or aroma yet (other than the occasional one-time-thing), that's why we are all here. We've all, one way or another made some progress and can pull some neat parties full of good compliments, but none of the current books explains beyond what is already known or written over here.

How very true G

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes