Author Topic: C2G Julian's Ebook part 2  (Read 16210 times)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
C2G Julian's Ebook part 2
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Just had an email from Julian at C2G with details of his forthcoming 2nd Ebook. Some interesting points covered in his description.

Description below

Wayne

Hi Curry Fans!

Just a quick Newsletter letting you know how things are coming along.

Part 2 to 'The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste' will soon be ready and I am hoping it will be available for download before autumn arrives!

Worth the wait....

We are really excited about this New ebook because we really have put a lot of work into this follow up to my original book- 'The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste.'

Part 2 will feature more curry recipes than the first ebook and more techniques via a dedicated chapter all aimed at helping you get the best out of your curry cooking and achieve nothing less than restaurant like results!

We have 3 New Base Gravy recipes including one that might suprise you!

In chapter 4 of the new book:-  'Tips & Tricks for Restaurant like results.' you'll learn that no matter what Base Gravy recipe you use if it isn't cooked in the RIGHT way you WON'T get the right results. You will learn how  by following some simple cooking techniques you can get incredible results! We have also created a number videos covering these important cooking techniques. In fact, the new ebook will have twice as many videos as the first ebook!

As just mentioned we have dedicated a whole chapter of the NEW book to the all important cooking techniques often missing in many other cook books!  Adey and myself wanted to impart our own experience from running a British Indian Takeaway's as well as our own collaborations with BIR Chef's with many years in the trade.

In this NEW book you'll learn the difference between raw Spices, cooked spices and burnt spices and why it's vital that you get this part of the puzzle right and why many don't!

In Part 2 you will learn how to cook many more popular  BIR curries, here are just a sample: Korahi, Passanda, Tamarina, Pakistani Lamb Karahi, Chicken Handi, Garlic Chilli Chicken, Prawn Puri, Chasni plus many more...

In Part 2 Adey reveals many of his secrets from 'Curried Away' and some very interesting shortcuts & techniques that even I have never seen before!

Adey also shares the invaluable training he has received from his co-worker and 'Master Chef' - as he call him- Abdul.

In Part 2 I explain more about the difference between the Pakistani version of BIR and the Bengali version. I  explain a little about the interesting history of the Manchester Curry Mile- the largest concentration of 'Indian' Restaurant in one area this side of India and how growing up around there influenced me.

The aim of Part 2 is to compliment my first book with many more recipes plus help anyone who is serious about cooking BIR Style Curry to cook like the Pro's!

Date for the release of the book? Stay tuned to my Youtube channel for more info soon!

Finally, I have recieved SO many emails over the past few months, more than I could possibly reply to, so if you are one of the ones I haven't yet replied to, please please accept my apologies but as you might imagine- we have been very busy. I do try and read most of those emails.

Thanks to everyone who follows me and stay tuned more videos coming soon!

Best Regards

Julian

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C2G Julian's Ebook part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:01 PM »
It's looking promising  :) Once we recieve this book, CBM's, and Chris's (h4ppy-chris) I don't think we will need much more info to get the result we want.
I might be wrong, comments welcome.

Cheers,
Ken

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:20 PM »
it's a must buy for me - looking forward to the extra recipes

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Cheers for the update W.  Nothing I like more than a good read about BIR cooking and a few good videos to watch.  All we need now is for Chris to come across with the goods some time soon,  I hope  ;)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Just had an email from Julian:

" I do try and read most of those emails."

Says it all really. 

Beware of self appointed experts who are so famous they don't even have time to read all their fan mail, let alone reply to it.  This is the guy who claims he's only interested in sharing his knowledge to help people, yet everything he does seems to have a price attached.

Bit too much hype and profit seeking for my tastes, I won't be buying.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 10:04 PM »
I won't be buying either.

For a start, I joined this site to learn from fellow curry fans and share whatever knowledge I have.

Plus, if the first e-book 'The Secret to That Takeaway Curry Taste'  had all the secrets, what can this one have to offer?

The one, and only, thing that bugs me about this site is the attempts by some people to sell shite...sorry

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Im undecided as yet!

For me and many others no doubt, the 1st book was good, but didnt give us the 100% taste we're all seeking (whatever that is?)

The disappointment for me are following paragraphs from his email

"In chapter 4 of the new book:-  'Tips & Tricks for Restaurant like results.' you'll learn that no matter what Base Gravy recipe you use if it isn't cooked in the RIGHT way you WON'T get the right results. You will learn how  by following some simple cooking techniques you can get incredible results! We have also created a number videos covering these important cooking techniques. In fact, the new ebook will have twice as many videos as the first ebook!

As just mentioned we have dedicated a whole chapter of the NEW book to the all important cooking techniques often missing in many other cook books!  Adey and myself wanted to impart our own experience from running a British Indian Takeaway's as well as our own collaborations with BIR Chef's with many years in the trade.

In this NEW book you'll learn the difference between raw Spices, cooked spices and burnt spices and why it's vital that you get this part of the puzzle right and why many don't!"

These should have been covered in his 1st book if it was the real deal. Shame C2G was shut on all 3 occasions i visited as i would have known if he'd cracked it!!!

W

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 10:30 PM »
I hadn't watched any of Julian's You Tube videos before I read this thread.

To be honest, it's pretty basic stuff - maybe beneficial to a complete beginner, but no more.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 11:30 PM »
The one, and only, thing that bugs me about this site is the attempts by some people to sell shite ...

So far, the e-books that former members have offered up for sale (for the price of a decent pint) have certainly not been 'shite'.  If any of the established and knowledgable regulars on this 'site formulated their recipes in e-book form for sale I would certainly purchase them, I think they deserve the recognition for the effort they have put in.
These e-books are not 'get rich quick' solutions.

Cheers,
Ken

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Auto-purchase for me. Learned a lot from the first book, even though the base(s) are somewhat challenging, to say the least.  Got a lot of time for Julian.  Excellent presenter. His vindaloo is also top drawer as I recall.  I think I'll make one tomorrow.

Rob  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes