Author Topic: Time to get started  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Rafa

• Chef
    • View Profile
Time to get started
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Very excited about the volume of material on the site. I think everyone who has enjoyed trying to cook a curry is intrigued by BIR methods. Unlike other cuisines there are so many variations on the theme which makes a forum like this such a wonderful resource. Have just made Taz base and looking forward to trying his reduction method. Not sure what to start with though. Any recommendations?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Time to get started
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Rafa

It doesn't get more basic than a medium curry and this is my Taz recipe below - not sure if I've posted it on here but the good thing about doing a medium curry in that the ingredients are few, therefore you are able to concentrate on the technique.

Chicken Medium Curry with Taz Base

Ingredients:

1 portion pre-cooked chicken
400 ml Taz curry base gravy
1 level tbsp tomato puree mixed with 1 tbsp. water
1 tsp garlic ginger paste
1 tsp BE spice mixture

Offline Rafa

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:48 PM »
Thanks a lot Stephen. Your advice is spot on - concentrate on technique before getting too adventurous. Got recipe for BE mix and might knock up the dish tonight. What's your preferred method for pre-cooking chicken? I see you're from Dundee. Spent 6 years there in the late 70s and have a couple of things I want to post about, maybe on the best restaurants forum.

Offline Rafa

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Thanks a lot Stephen. Your advice is spot on - concentrate on technique before getting too adventurous. Got recipe for BE mix and might knock up the dish tonight. What's your preferred method for pre-cooking chicken?

As you were Stephen. Just found your advice for pre- cooked chicken on the beginners tips forum. Thanks.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Cheers Rafa - yes I'm from Dundee but please don't hold that against me  ::)

Offline Kylie1969

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 01:28 AM »
Hello and welcome Rafa :)

©2024 Curry Recipes