Author Topic: Your next two BIR curries?  (Read 20273 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Your next two BIR curries?
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:43 PM »
Any plans anyone?  Home-made or takeaway.  Or is a last minute decision?  Don't be shy.  It's only a forum.

I've just got a couple of bags of rather fine looking frozen king prawns, so I'm thinking of a:

King Prawn Mussamon

Seen this BIR dish made a few times, usually with chicken or lamb tikka.  Spicy bhuna type curry with lots of onions and green beans.  Very popular hereabouts.  Apparently it is known in the Midlands as a "Muscle Man".

King Prawn Naga Phal (Ex-hot)

BIR dish. Molten lava. Garnished with fresh green naga chilli peppers.

Rob  :)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Your next two BIR curries?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:35 PM »

King Prawn Mussamon

Seen this BIR dish made a few times, usually with chicken or lamb tikka.  Spicy bhuna type curry with lots of onions and green beans.  Very popular hereabouts.  Apparently it is known in the Midlands as a "Muscle Man".

How odd.
A Thai curry originally influenced by a Persian and reintroduced into BIR presumably through a Thai curry paste.  8)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Any plans anyone?  Home-made or takeaway.  Or is a last minute decision?  Don't be shy.  It's only a forum.
Wednesday special from the Coxheath Tandoori (four dishes for ten pounds), which will last me two or three days.  A fair amount of pulao rice left over from the batch I cooked a day or so ago, so I shall opt for the keema naan in lieu of pulao rice as a part of the special, and as I have one portion of base left I shall be making a slightly hotter and more intense version of the curry I documented for George recently (this also received the M-i-L's approbation, who said it was better than the Chicken Bhuna curry that we ate at Cinnamon Square (Hildenborough).

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:31 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Am going through to Edinburgh at the end of the month to visit my best friend George - we have been pals since High School. The agenda is usually either a pub crawl followed by a curry at the Omar Khayyam, or I will sometimes take through a batch of curried which is what I'll be doing this time.

George is a Madras man so that goes without saying
I made a Chicken Bhuna today and a bucket load of Pilau Rice which are now in the freezer

George's wife is vegetarian though she will eat seafood so I'll also drum up her favourite, Prawn Pathia, some Brinjal Bhaji and maybe some Bombay Potatoes.

That leaves a good few other dishes for our buffet, and I've yet to decide what I'll cook.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:39 AM »
Mine are:
Jalfrezi
saag aloo

George is a Madras man

I beg to differ SL. George is admittedly a Korma man (And according to a few users, these two words together are oxymoronic!)  ::)  :P

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:45 AM »
George is a Madras man
I beg to differ SL. George is admittedly a Korma man (And according to a few users, these two words together are oxymoronic!)  ::)  :P

Gon

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:10 PM »
George is a Madras man

Gon

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Mine hasn't gone exactly to plan.  Just made an achari chicken tikka shashlik, served with egg fried rice.

Rob  :P

Offline rshome123

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Fancy something different for next curries, have been sticking to madras and Pathia recently so fancy a change.  May attempt a bhuna, it's one I really need more practice at. Feel that a magic ingredient or two may be required... Something to give it a savoury rich deep smoky flavour... I'm thinking lamb stock and black cardamom in some form.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Last night had Seehk kebab followed by Tikka Chicken Korai with mushroom pilau, vegetable bhaji and mushroom bhaji with a plain nan. Finished it tonight supplemented with some of my first batch of Blades chicken tikka which is very nice as well.
Missus had Ceylon chicken and son had Chicken Korma.

©2024 Curry Recipes