Author Topic: And the moral is....  (Read 6228 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
And the moral is....
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Well tonight I made a double batch (2kg onions) of Taz base. All well, bubbling on top of the cooker. Left to "cool". Blitzed said base, getting around 20 portions. My Lidl's finest liquidiser doing the business as usual. It has served me well the last couple of years. Until...

The last batch being liquidised came away in my hand like some sort of explosion, sending a vomit like substance all over the kitchen worktop, base units, floor, me and my partner's brand new, white Converse trainers (

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: And the moral is....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:40 PM »
A pic would have been nice Stephen :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Therein lies the moral...  Don't blitz base with brand new trainers.

Your apodosis does not follow from your protasis.  I would suggest that the real moral is "Don't pay

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Lol Garp and Phil.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:24 PM »
My sides are still aching SL  ;D ;D ;D . I must confess i'm very careful of the footware i have on when i'm doing anything connected with curry.
Curry splashed converse  :o You never know, you may start a trend  ::) ;)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:53 PM »
:-)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Actually Stephen, I was thinking today about posting something along a similar vein and maybe one for JerryM, our resident cooking scientist to fathom out. Why is it in all my years of cooking, whenever anything splashes it lands on my top. I take a lid of a pan of something 'tomatoeee' cooking and a big volcanic bubble erupts and splatters my top. Whilst cooking curry at work in a large pan, I go to stir it and as soon as I insert the spoon, brrrloop, landing conveniently on my shirt. I've also had a life long habit of managing to slop what ever I'm eating down the front of my shirt. I gave up spending decent money on clothes many years ago when a curry I was eating somehow jumped of my fork and landed down the front of my first time on, hard earned,

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28 PM »
As an artist Stephen, I might suggest you get yourself a black indelible marker and trace around the outlines of all the splatters on your trainers, it should end up looking kinda funky and will dismiss any ideas that it might have been an accident in the bog department ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:57 PM by artistpaul »

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 06:56 AM »
Make up a turmeric solution and soak the converse for 24 hours to even up the stain. Voila - yellow converse, perfectly acceptable.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:26 AM »
According to the chef I know splattering base gravy all over the place is an old school technique.  He reckons you can always spot a good old school chef because at the end of the night he'll have splattered gravy all over himself, including his shoes.  ;D

Sorry to hear about your accident though Stephen.  Trashing the wife's new trainers is one thing, but losing a batch of gravy is a more serious matter.  :o

Rob  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes