Author Topic: How to make Lamb Kebab Indian takeaway Recipe.  (Read 24993 times)

Offline rshome123

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Lamb Kebab Indian takeaway Recipe.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 12:04 AM »
I've had the kebab drop off the skewer turn into mince type thing happen to me when I make them, most notably when cooking for friends on my BBQ.

Thanks for the tip re onion juice.  I will be squeezing the water out in future.

Good job with the video Chris.  I like to see good honest efforts like this.  Others wouldn't be as brave.

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41 AM »
Hi Chris. Thanks for the vid.
Try not to get drawn in by the idiots.
I thought this tendency to throw abuse had died down when Cory left, but members are still being driven away by silly attacks.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Hi Chris you say in the video of using tablespoons but you are using a desertspoon, 1.5 tbsp but you only put in 1.5 dsp.
Not being picky but would like to try this recipe.
Cheers.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Hi Chris you say in the video of using tablespoons but you are using a desertspoon, 1.5 tbsp but you only put in 1.5 dsp.
Not being picky but would like to try this recipe.
Cheers.

Hi Frank, i am pretty good at guessing a tbsp i only use a dsp for ease. Just stick to using level TBsp and it will turn out right. let me know what you think.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 12:01 PM »

I agree that disagreements are unfortunate but I don't think it's fair to call anyone who is a bit sceptical or just getting fed up waiting for a long-promised book, an idiot.

Chris's videos are good, and if his book ever materialises and represents the breakthrough he implies, then his status will probably change to 'hero' level. There may be other people, of course, who think book sales go against the ethos of this forum. Why not publish all the recipes free, like many others have done?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 12:07 PM »
Why not publish all the recipes free, like many others have done ?

Why sell it?  In my house only the wife works because i can not. So if i can make a few quid from this, it will lighten the load on her. Also give me a bit of pride back knowing i am contributing to the home.

Seems a fair enough reason to me.  On the other hand, if Chris is unable to work, one is inclined to wonder where the money comes from for a Kenwood Chef, an separate electric mincer, and so on. 

** Phil.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 12:22 PM »

I agree that disagreements are unfortunate but I don't think it's fair to call anyone who is a bit sceptical or just getting fed up waiting for a long-promised book, an idiot.

Chris's videos are good, and if his book ever materialises and represents the breakthrough he implies, then his status will probably change to 'hero' level. There may be other people, of course, who think book sales go against the ethos of this forum. Why not publish all the recipes free, like many others have done?

So what are you saying I don't put any recipes on here for free?

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Why not publish all the recipes free, like many others have done ?

Why sell it?  In my house only the wife works because i can not. So if i can make a few quid from this, it will lighten the load on her. Also give me a bit of pride back knowing i am contributing to the home.

Seems a fair enough reason to me.  On the other hand, if Chris is unable to work, one is inclined to wonder where the money comes from for a Kenwood Chef, an separate electric mincer, and so on. 

** Phil.

What i do with my money has nothing what so every to do with you.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Another useful vid Chris, ... I know the book is worth waiting for  ;)

Cheers,
Ken

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34 PM »
What i do with my money has nothing what so every to do with you.

I completely agree, Chris.  I wasn't debating the rights or wrongs of spending it on a Kenwood Chef and a separate electric mincer; I was just interested in how someone who is unable to work can afford such luxuries in the first place.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:53 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

©2024 Curry Recipes