Author Topic: Anyone up for a bit of fun? win the FIRST 3 E-books Unlocking the taste.  (Read 35019 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a bit of fun? win the FIRST 3 E-books Unlocking the taste.
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19 PM »
We cannot dispute that Chris posted very informative videos.  However, this cannot excuse his ranting and goading.  This was made worse by other forum members reacting to his behaviour.  Obviously, Admin decided enough was enough, if my interpretation is correct.  Such a pity that the same approach was not adopted with owner of the new rival site, who most definitely deserved it, but never got it.  Sorry to say it but, no disrespect to George meant, had better moderation existed, as has been written numerous times, this whole sad situation, may have been avoided  and CR0 would have not lost a good source of inside info :(

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 11:56 PM »
Nothing to do with his book and videos, IMO he should have been banned immediately for the completely out of order picture he posted in the now deleted thread.
I imagine he was on a last warning and his last thread was the proverbial straw.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Sorry to say it but, no disrespect to George meant, had better moderation existed, as has been written numerous times, this whole sad situation, may have been avoided  and CR0 would have not lost a good source of inside info :(

I know what you mean but, as you know, my present terms of reference do not extend to locking or deleting whole threads. The furthest I can currently go, by agreement with Admin, is to change certain words to read 'moderated' instead. And even going that far, gets some members' backs up. They claim I'm lying.  I still believe it cause more problems than it solves when there is greater moderation, by anybody. Self restraint and self control by everyone is far superior, in my opinion, The number of issues like h4c or CA is so rare, that Admin can, and does, deal with them. It would get too subjective and cause too much trouble if me or anybody started implementing 'better' moderation. Yes, I take 'better' as meaning 'greater' or more moderation, in this context.

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32 AM »
George,
Here was me thinking you changed certain words not to "moderated" as you state as your terms of reference, but to "moderated filth" to get peoples backs up?
I could be wrong I suppose.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 12:18 PM »
moderated filth has been used

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2013, 01:01 PM »
moderated filth has been used

At least that way you know what it has been moderated for, which I think is helpful. But, of course, one man's filth is another man's comedy and, as George seems to have a puritanical leaning, for me he over-moderates a tad in that respect.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2013, 01:03 PM »
The number of issues like h4c or CA is so rare, that Admin can, and does, deal with them.

Quite so, and I'd point out again that the whining about lack of moderation once more exceeds the actual cause or need for moderation

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2013, 01:04 PM »
Here was me thinking you changed certain words not to "moderated" as you state as your terms of reference, but to "moderated filth" to get peoples backs up?

Yes, I changed one word to 'moderated filth'. What's wrong with that?

If it gets anyone's back up, is it because they think it's better to see a 4 letter word or worse, as was the case with the word I changed to 'moderated filth'?

Some people are never happy and that now includes you.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2013, 01:17 PM »
Could Admin Stew not employ the swear filter which comes with the forum. You just add the swear word and choose your replacement word. For example f&*cked could become bhuna-ed etc etc

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Yes, I changed one word to 'moderated filth'. What's wrong with that?

If it gets anyone's back up, is it because they think it's better to see a 4 letter word or worse, as was the case with the word I changed to 'moderated filth'?

Some people are never happy and that now includes you.

No your right George I am not happy, he has been deleted off the forum.

You say one thing but do other things too all too regular IMHO.

©2024 Curry Recipes