Author Topic: Anyone up for a bit of fun? win the FIRST 3 E-books Unlocking the taste.  (Read 34810 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a bit of fun? win the FIRST 3 E-books Unlocking the taste.
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2013, 01:27 PM »
Could Admin Stew not employ the swear filter which comes with the forum. You just add the swear word and choose your replacement word. For example f&*cked could become bhuna-ed etc etc

The problem is that thinly veiled words like yours above would need to be listed and there must be millions of possibilities. Now, I tend to edit out those as well, and perhaps that's why SS thinks I probably go too far. He might be right but surely it would get much worse if there was a 'get tough' policy of greater moderation.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2013, 01:27 PM »

..... I am not happy, he has been deleted off the forum.

Has he though because he was last active at 9:57am this morning  ?????

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2013, 01:32 PM »
I am not happy, he has been deleted off the forum.

Is that because he was trying to become a recruiter for the new forum of your friend CA?

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2013, 01:37 PM »

The problem is that thinly veiled words like yours above would need to be listed and there must be millions of possibilities.

In my opinion the thinly veiled words are the better of 2 evils. You would never, as you rightly say, stop them but at least you're half way there and it makes your 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' moderators job a lot easier. If we followed the Terms and Conditions properly, of which there's only been 80 odd views out of 20K+ members  :-\, things would be a lot more straight forward especially when threads resort to personal insults.

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2013, 01:44 PM »
I am not happy, he has been deleted off the forum.

Is that because he was trying to become a recruiter for the new forum of your friend CA?

Your the moderator. You don't know why he was banned?

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2013, 01:49 PM »
Anybody wanting to still view Chris' videos can access them by typing "h4ppy leader" into youtube, select his profile and then by selecting videos. If he posts any new ones on another forum, they should still show up there.

Wayne

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2013, 02:19 PM »
"he was last active at 9:57am this morning"

Yes I seen that too, and yes you can follow him on youtube
if people want to.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:56 PM by Graeme »

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Here was me thinking you changed certain words not to "moderated" as you state as your terms of reference, but to "moderated filth" to get peoples backs up?
I could be wrong I suppose.

Yes, I changed one word to 'moderated filth'. What's wrong with that?

If it gets anyone's back up, is it because they think it's better to see a 4 letter word or worse, as was the case with the word I changed to 'moderated filth'?

Some people are never happy and that now includes you.

And this

George,
I cannot remember the exact wording or spelling for that matter...
but did you or did you not pledge to delete and only delete obvious spam?
please reply yep or nope ::) or yup lol

That's right, before I changed my mind.

George,  you lied right here in this post, you obviously cannot be trusted to be a moderator, why people do trust you is beyond me ::) but maybe they don't, and just keep quiet :-X

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58 PM »
George,  you lied right here in this post, you obviously cannot be trusted to be a moderator, why people do trust you is beyond me ::) but maybe they don't, and just keep quiet :-X

Calling me a liar and untrustworthy is almost verging on the sort of personal insult which should be moderated out. Why? Not least because calling anyone a liar is banned in the UK House of Commons, amongst other places. You may not know that as you live in Australia. I've never lied about what I'm doing. It's you and at least one other member who persist in mis-representing and/or distorting my role. I sometimes wish that, when I delete masses of spam there was an option to leave it there for certain members like you. I'm now firmly of the opinion that you are a troll and, possibly, skating on thin ice. I'm trying to carry out a minimalist moderation role and you won't accept it.

My role, as agreed with admin a couple of years ago, is to delete spam as well as four letter words, thinly veiled equivalents and the worst kind of personal insults. Do you acknowledge that? I've never done more.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2013, 04:40 PM »
I'm now firmly of the opinion that you are a troll and, possibly, skating on thin ice.

A bit naughty George, That sounds like a threat. :o (and I stand on Neutral ground)

Les
ps
Nice to see Stew taking a more active roll of late. even if it is cracking the whip :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:14 PM by Les »

©2024 Curry Recipes