Author Topic: Anyone up for a bit of fun? win the FIRST 3 E-books Unlocking the taste.  (Read 35021 times)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
I reckon he puts a Peshwari filling inside the dough and cups it up and around so that it evenly distributes the filling when he is rolling it out.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Actually I always found peshwari naan breads particularly difficult to master.In just about every video I've seen the filling is put in the middle of the dough in a big round ball and the edges are lifted up and the thing is rolled out.However I always found mine tended to split and the contents split out doing it this way.It's only since using this method ie spreading the content evenly and thinly over the surface that my peshwari naan's have been a success.Maybee that's the answer?? Still think it's something to do with the chef shaking the flour off though...

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Leaves the dough thick before he puts the filling in and folds the corners in to ensure it spreads evenly throughout the nan.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Looks to me as if he's spreading the butter around inside to make like a puff pastry

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks for having a bit of fun guys  :) There is 1 winner so far.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I'm going for the same as Gav

Offline acrabat

• Chef
    • View Profile
It looks to me that at one point after he has created a slight teardrop shape he presses down firmly on the bottom narrow end of the uncooked nan to lightly stick it to the workbench so that while he coats it in oil/water? it will retain that shape. By pressing on it to lightly stick it to the table he ensures that it will not shrink back into a round shape.
I have made enough bread and pastry to recognise this technique.
If your book delivers the goods I will still pay you for it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:35 PM by acrabat »

Offline ligs

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
As he folds the dough he pokes the dough down in the middle with his right finger to form a pocket for air  :-\

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
He gets the naan in the palms of his hands and pats it from one hand to the other in order to get all the loose flour off it which is essential for perfectly authentic BIR naans

Offline ligs

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Uses his fingertips to control air distibution throughout the dough

©2024 Curry Recipes