Author Topic: Chicken Bhuna and Bombay Aloo  (Read 20139 times)

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Bhuna and Bombay Aloo
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Garp, You seem to be very defensive / offensive and don't make much sense with some of your posts.

The Bombay was par-boiled potatoes (pinch of turmeric and salt) left to cool. Then gently fry a finely chopped onion til softened - add mustard, nigella , fennel and onion seeds

As for nigella/onion - they are the same thing? Want to do some research and come back?

Why say it twice then?

It certainly looks bhuna'd, not like most of the wet looking dishes that get posted.

After having 2 trips to India this year and eating home cooked Indian food I realize how much sauce us English  British like with our curry.
... and how we like our naan breads doughy, compared with the Indians much prefering chapattis.

I have since changed my outlook of what I look for in a dish as the traditional style is far superior to the BIR.

I still cook BIR and enjoy it, but when it comes to bhuna & rogan josh style dishes, the BIR is nowhere close to how it should be.

Firstly, I'm not English so can't speak for Englandshire. Nor have I been to India - but this is a BIR forum.

You must learn to take constructive criticism, and understand sarcasm.

;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Geezah,

I am quite happy to take any constructive criticism and I fully understand sarcasm. I don't think chewy's post was either. But hey, I'll be more careful

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 09:56 AM »
I have since changed my outlook of what I look for in a dish as the traditional style is far superior to the BIR. I still cook BIR and enjoy it, but when it comes to bhuna & rogan josh style dishes, the BIR is nowhere close to how it should be.

I agree. They are different styles, though. Curries I had in India were more like 'fine dining' in terms of the quality of flavours whereas I think of BIR as being 'fast food' with a certain appeal. When I first tasted good food in India, my immediate reaction was to reassess BIR fare as rubbish, and that was when it was superior, in the 1980s, like many people say was the golden age.

I really like Garp's first photo. Good presentation skills.

©2024 Curry Recipes