Author Topic: Curry Crisis  (Read 18310 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Crisis
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Well said goncalo. people are what they are, and we have no right to judge.
Just trying to lighten up the thread George, no offence meant :D

Les

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Apart from the fact that you can call me what you want and I would take most as a compliment and not be bothered about the rest, I'm yet to see where the personal insult is in Graeme's post.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 10:34 PM »
Good grief. Now I've seen it all.

This is George "I promise if given moderator powers I will only use them to remove spam" in action  ::)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 12:09 AM »
Good grief. Now I've seen it all.
This is George "I promise if given moderator powers I will only use them to remove spam" in action  ::)

I'm not surprised that you crash in here (late) in order to criticise me and misrepresent what was agreed subsequently. You just don't get it, do you?

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56 AM »
And this

George,
I cannot remember the exact wording or spelling for that matter...
but did you or did you not pledge to delete and only delete obvious spam?
please reply yep or nope ::) or yup lol

That's right, before I changed my mind.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 09:28 PM »
So we now have...
"Or am I over-reacting? Would other heterosexual individuals on here be offended if anyone suggested or implied they're gay? And to anyone who is that way, good luck to them, but isn't almost homo-phobic and against the law to be mocking it, or drawing attention to their orientation?"

And...
"Yes, you're right about where he's probably coming from,
and because I'm not, I find it highly offensive"

So what did I really post ?

"Two blokes standing in a bar"

I am confused as to what there is not to understand about the words "blokes in a bar"
So "Blokes" in a bar has been converted to what ? And we are not allowed to smile at each other and the next time I am at the local Burlesque bar remind me to dial 999 and see how many "different orientations" are arrested for pointing out some ones other "orientation" (some do love to show off) I would put money on it most would want to be arrested when the police arrive in uniform anyway - see now that's a joke (only just I know) or call it a light hearted comment, either way its something this site and a member or two maybe missing out on.

Regards Graeme.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:59 PM by Graeme »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 06:10 PM »
the next time I am at the local Burlesque bar...

Graeme, if you're at a Burlesque bar you're gay by definition!  :P

Offline vindapoo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 12:34 AM »
This has been on the cards for a while and to be honest the Pakistani/Bangladeshi community need to change and start integrating.

You never see any female staff in any takeaway/restaurant. That needs to change, it's uk not Pakistan and its not in any way racist to point that out. Most places are family run joints and it would be a lot better if all the family were to help out.

I can see why they want to use imported staff as they are dirt cheap, have no rights etc but then they start on the benefits gravy train and it takes the piss hence the gov are stopping it.

It wouldn't hurt for them to integrate more as well, the only time 99% of their customers see them is at work, they normally all live together. Just visit spark hill Birmingham some time. Not healthy.

I'm very good friends with several Bangladeshi and have attended their family functions but the way they have been indoctrinated by religion is bad and will take a few generations to sort out, the kids already are kicking back and I don't blame them. The girls are pretty much breeding machines and don't have an expectation of a career.

So to the point of the OP, its a very good thing that workers from Asia are being stopped, they can do what all other normal businesses do - train and recruit the best person for the job, not restrict it to male Muslims.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 02:06 AM »
You never see any female staff in any takeaway/restaurant.

In ireland, we have women staff behind the counters from pakistani (punjab/kashmiri) origin. I have not had very good experiences with any of them (3 cases). They must have been gone to the bathroom when god was distributing courtesy and basic people skills.

©2024 Curry Recipes