Author Topic: Tip How to COOK an Indian takeaway curry like a Pro by Chef Sam | Ebook out soon  (Read 34781 times)

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
I'm with Secret Santa on that.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
I thought Goncalo had permanently gone to the dark side. Of what I've seen of his/her cooking, I wouldn't advise any newcomer to follow his/her advice  8)

8)  ::)
Warning: garp has never tasted my food and he is judging me based on some less attractive pictures that I have posted of my curries (Note that this is entirely his opinion and he has refrained from clarifying why it was so "disgusting" as he puts it.) I know the visual aspect of a curry can be important in a community where the smell and taste cannot be attached, but often bears little direct relevance when to the taste or smell of the dish you cooked. Garp is known in the community for being (moderated), claiming with his introduction to have over 25 years of experience, but clearly showing to know much less than what he likes to boast about.

Furthermore, I am not afraid to expose my experience in front of a stove, which is slightly over 1 year old. But hey, if this forum had an option to ignore people (moderated), I am sure a number of other users would enjoy visiting this forum more often and live less on the "dark side" as you put it. Apologies to everyone for derailing the topic and carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwF3IkzSkZo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:17 PM by George »

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Goncalo, I would gladly eat your curry, your method and technique look spot on to me  ;)

Cheers,
Ken

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I assume that goncalo's post will be suitably moderated as there is no place in this forum for such personal attacks.

And, gonc, show me one of your curries I would be happy to be served in a BIR, then you can talk about amateurs, experience, techniques etc.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Maybe a bit heavy on the Garlic/G&G for me, but it certainly looks like your Jal Frezi's coming on fine there Gonzalo ;)
Should probably add this to your curry journey thread.

Curious to know what happened on your Brummy visit? :)
cheers Chewy

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
good to see someone adding oil to a hot pan instead of a cold pan.

anyways, curry looks fine to me mate.

as CT said tho, a wee bit heavy handed on the G/G paste for me personally.

well done and thanks for the video :)

Cheers

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
good to see someone adding oil to a hot pan instead of a cold pan.

I'm interested, why's this important?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Good question, fried. I was thinking the same but didn't want to seem like (moderated) ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:20 PM by George »

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
its what "most" chefs do

"A small amount of oil added to a very hot pan almost instantly becomes very hot oil. The oil quickly sears the outside of the food and causes water to be released from the food. This layer of water vapor ("steam") lifts the food atop the oil film and keeps it from touching the hot pan surface. If the oil is not hot enough, the steam effect will not occur and the food will fuse to the (too) cool pan surface.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone!

Maybe a bit heavy on the Garlic/G&G for me, but it certainly looks like your Jal Frezi's coming on fine there Gonzalo ;)
Should probably add this to your curry journey thread.

Curious to know what happened on your Brummy visit? :)

I am still quite newbie to the chef spoon dipping, so I agree, though I don't really think it was overly noticeable :) The visit to birmingham was interesting in several ways. I have a lengthy report on our experience at Kushi, which I am going to share on all the 3 forums when finished, but as I have been busy studying for an important exam coming up next Tuesday, I haven't had a chance to polish/finish the write up yet. It currently weights in at about 2500 words, almost like an epic, as Rob puts it. He is also going to add some bits to it as well. There is a few recipes and potential a few videos (at least one is guaranteed)

Here's a place in birmingham that makes 4 naans for 1euro (granted they are a bit like yorkshire pudding texture wise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9zuFDJBQgQ

©2024 Curry Recipes