Author Topic: Tip How to COOK an Indian takeaway curry like a Pro by Chef Sam | Ebook out soon  (Read 34754 times)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
watch it on youtube for a better experience. I hope you guys get something from this video, wish i had watched this years ago.
This is 1 of 2 videos, this is Sam cooking the other is close up on the pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIeXgIYOEo

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
good up mate

best, Rich

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Cheers H4ppy good vid.
Madras, thank god for that, nice to know I've been doing it right for 35years. ;D ;D

Interesting watching a few of your other vids, surprised Chef Sam let you show them mixing
onion bhaji in the sink, H&S issues. Broadcast worldwide...

Weird Sams Korma/Pasanda. Its nothing like a Korma around here, No Coconut,
but Almond, Khus Khus, Yoghurt and Cream. Mind it does look like one  :D (Regional thing maybe)

Not sure what you were doing here, was this a Julian Voigt inspired Madras

http://youtu.be/Y4eNtA2eOQw

cheers Chewy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:57 AM by chewytikka »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
watch it on youtube for a better experience.

You said you had clearance to promote your eBook on here. But then, on youtube, there's no mention of this forum but, instead, you post the link to another forum which has been started in competition with this one, apparently, by a disgruntled ex-member from here.

Is it reasonable? What's your motive?

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
watch it on youtube for a better experience.

You said you had clearance to promote your eBook on here. But then, on youtube, there's no mention of this forum but, instead, you post the link to another forum which has been started in competition with this one, apparently, by a disgruntled ex-member from here.

Is it reasonable? What's your motive?

You may be in competition, i'm not! I have put links on other vids to this site.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Hi h4ppy!

Thanks for putting in the effort of another great video. I think the audio on this one wasn't the best. I know you don't really have a lot of resources and I think you are doing a good job with whatever resources you have, but would you consider having a wireless microphone setup in Sam's, so the camera would pick up a clearer sound? a bit like what Julian did with some of his later videos.

Also, for this video in particular, would there be any chance of you adding subtitles? I found the noise levels sometimes a bit too high  and as such quite hard to understand, particularly as I'm not a native english speaker. :)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hi h4ppy!

Thanks for putting in the effort of another great video. I think the audio on this one wasn't the best. I know you don't really have a lot of resources and I think you are doing a good job with whatever resources you have, but would you consider having a wireless microphone setup in Sam's, so the camera would pick up a clearer sound? a bit like what Julian did with some of his later videos.

Also, for this video in particular, would there be any chance of you adding subtitles? I found the noise levels sometimes a bit too high  and as such quite hard to understand, particularly as I'm not a native english speaker. :)

That was shot on my phone the next video with my camcorder. The camcorder has a better sound.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
What is wrong with folks on here George or anyone else for that matter - why cant RCR be mentioned  Real Curry Recipes or CA's bircurries.co.uk - do we think the active members on here will suddenly go elsewhere - POPPYCOCK!! the members on here are here to stay - even through the jealousy and back biting that goes on!
As far as an agreement goes that is up to who the agreement is with - but come on all this "the other forum" - "Competition" etc is kids stuff some folks need to grow up if the vids are on RCR say so - after all i'm a member on CRO - RCR and CA's bircurries and here's why - some times its nice to have a natter with the NOT SO CHILDISH! it all feels like a bunch of kids sometimes hiding and whispering behind their hands on here.
And then there are the decent members to name a few S Lindsey - Chewy - CBM - CH - who can cook a bit and do post - not like the many folks who make stupid comments with criticism of others - who say "when i made this" or refer back to the 70's  with NO tangible evidence of any cooking knowledge or skill. Also there are the idiots who so they have been telling us been cooking for 40 years but cant work to a recipe of;
Oil in a pan
G/G
mixed powder
salt
tomato paste
etc etc etc
without how much is that 5ml 1tsp etc - that aint done like that in ANY restaurant or takeaway! as all the many videos on the net can show anyone. Its all an estimate when the spoon is dipped in

right had my say - no doubt there will be some stupid reply

p.s.

What all you guys do not realise with your armchair warrior bravado is you are ruining a very good forum and resource - this forum is excellent - the layout of it, the easy the way to upload pictures and videos (even though its the very (same) few that upload) its a fantastic site being turned into a kids playground - what it should show on the side of every members name is the age - I'm in my early 50's then we may be able to make an excuse for all the VICTOR's sitting in their chairs moaning.

best, Rich

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Do you not think, Rich, that you would have made your point far more effectively had you led by example rather than just emulating the very "armchair warriors" that you claim to despise ?

** Phil.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:42 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Here's the thing Phil
I DESPISE no one and have a lot of respect for those who try to make a meal - instead of making a meal of everything.
Sometimes its good to clear the air - ONCE! - instead on constantly beating on and showing nothing at all - but would rather exercise their knowledge of the English language (or not). Its a curry forum - banging, splashing, making and enjoying!

My word i have twice - no more!

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes