Author Topic: Tip How to COOK an Indian takeaway curry like a Pro by Chef Sam | Ebook out soon  (Read 34762 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Well said Rich.......

And thanks for sharing again Chris. It is really muchly appreciated by MOST of us. 8)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thanks Chris. I will try to listen to the video back home with proper headphones.

@Rich, great advice!

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Good post Rich !

Thanks for sharing this video Chris, I really enjoy how Sam's actions and words need no further explanation.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the video Chris
and I enjoyed Rich's comments even more

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hi h4ppy!

Thanks for putting in the effort of another great video. I think the audio on this one wasn't the best. I know you don't really have a lot of resources and I think you are doing a good job with whatever resources you have, but would you consider having a wireless microphone setup in Sam's, so the camera would pick up a clearer sound? a bit like what Julian did with some of his later videos.

Also, for this video in particular, would there be any chance of you adding subtitles? I found the noise levels sometimes a bit too high  and as such quite hard to understand, particularly as I'm not a native english speaker. :)

Thanks Chris. I will try to listen to the video back home with proper headphones.

@Rich, great advice!

After reading your first post i did a bit of research on the audio editing, think i have it sorted now.
I am going to put up a vid "Bombay potatoes" will be good to see what you think?

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Those that have put kind comments thank you!

Offline acrabat

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hi H4appy
thanks for posting this, I found it interesting and informative. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting in and sharing with us.

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Agreed, much appreciated - good production values too.

At the rate you're putting these videos up there will be none left for the book!  ;)  Not that I'm complaining mind, keep up the good work.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
This one video has completely changed the way I now cook BIR style curries. I always believed that to get 'that taste' we had to use a big flame and an aluminium pan. Well, not so. I recently bought myself a non-stick wok (anodised) so I thought I would experiment cooking a BIR style curry, using the techniques of this vid, to see if there was any difference from using the ali pan, guess what?, ... none (apart from less mess!) Also, using the same techniques, my 'home style' curries have improved a hundred fold (take your time cooking out the onions using butter ghee)
Sometimes we don't see the wood from the trees.

Has anyone else had similar results?

Cheers,
Ken

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Ken ,i spoke over the phone with chris about 6 months ago and he said that (at the time) he had told you everything he had been shown from sam. Is that significant?, or do we have to wait for his ebook? He also said he wished he'd never told you (nothing personal) because it could compromise his whole ebook secret.
Does that make sense? Can you make better curries from something we are yet to find out about?

W

©2024 Curry Recipes