Author Topic: video copy help needed  (Read 8191 times)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: video copy help needed
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Yes I am, too many hours gaming in the distant past..

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 09:56 AM »
Yes I am, too many hours gaming in the distant past..

I'm 51 and i still Xbox  ;D

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:01 AM »
I still try now and then, get my arse kicked by all the young ones though ;)

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 03:42 PM »
For what it's worth I've been able to download the actual Panorama images - you can view them in Windows Image Viewer but not in any other program. They are not JPEGs despite having such a file ending. No idea what type of file they are, the linux "file" utility just says "data".

Anyway, try them in Windows Viewer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2277492/panorama_images.zip

If you figure out the real format these were created with then you might be able to export them to a video format.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 03:58 PM »
For what it's worth I've been able to download the actual Panorama images - you can view them in Windows Image Viewer but not in any other program. They are not JPEGs despite having such a file ending. No idea what type of file they are, the linux "file" utility just says "data".

Anyway, try them in Windows Viewer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2277492/panorama_images.zip

If you figure out the real format these were created with then you might be able to export them to a video format.

They are panoramic photos for which i don't know much abaout. If you change the extension to .swf they'll open in adobe flash player. Just need a program to rotate them  ???

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02 PM »
You can load them up in here although the join is a bit iff on the first one i did

http://www.dermandar.com

But at least we're on the right track

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 04:07 PM »

Got the same. It's apparently an ini file that's been zipped and encrypted (in this order) which is probably used as a descript of where the actual files are on the web and other flash-motion related information as I was able to find from the TourWeaver's forum. Sadly, the actual link does not run sucessfully on firefox/linux (I get a blank swf page)

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 04:28 PM »
Actually, I think the files I uploaded are JPEG files that have been stripped of their header. Renaming them to SWF doesn't make them work for me in a browser as any SWF should, I think. However, they work in Windows Image Viewer and even the Explorer preview works. Explorer preview does not support SWF files AFAIK.

The images were created with Panoweaver but that's as far as I will take this.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Re the request for a video copy, I've managed to record the video, or whatever it is, as originally seen on the screen for several minutes. It's about 300MB so, you're right, in that the MPEG file will fit on under half a CD-R. Perhaps others have already done the same. Is 300Mb a bit large for a file transfer web site? Another option is to send a CD-R in the post.

What a beautiful place to live. Where is it? Most of us can dream only of visiting such a location for a couple of weeks a year, if we're lucky.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 07:38 PM »

What a beautiful place to live. Where is it? Most of us can dream only of visiting such a location for a couple of weeks a year, if we're lucky.

I think you'll find its Whitley Bay George  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes