Author Topic: My story...  (Read 987 times)

Offline klsmith

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
My story...
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Hello! Glad to be part of what seems to be the web's largest curry-based community!

About 15 years ago I was living in Pittsburgh, PA, trying to make a living doing local theater. I was dirt poor.  I had been to a few indian restaurants here, and LOVED what I was discovering there -- BUT, I was dirt poor.

So I went to the local indian grocer, told her I wanted to make myself some indian food for dinner.  She showed me a microwavable dinner in the freezer case.  I said, "No, I want to cook something..."  She pulled a can of mattar paneer off the shelf, and told me to heat it up on the stove.  Finally I said, "No, what are you making for dinner tonight? That's what I want!"  She smiled, and got me started with some lentils, spices, and a small bag of Basmati. I went back a few days later and reported my results.  She gave me a cookbook, let me try some of her homemade desserts, and answered all my questions.  Thus began my journey...

Since then I've been trying to replicate the flavors from the local restaurants and food-trucks.  I hope I can learn a lot here!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: My story...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:05 PM »
KLS if you want to replicate restaurant food you will do so here - welcome to the forum.

©2024 Curry Recipes