Author Topic: h4ppy - chris / Chef Sam's How to make Pilau Rice  (Read 23551 times)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: h4ppy - chris / Chef Sam's How to make Pilau Rice
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Named unwanted personal attack...

No further correspondence will be entered
into.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 10:41 AM »
No further correspondence will be entered into.

Good.  So perhaps we can now get back on-topic, Garp.  Did you follow my reasoning about the use of "Chef" as a courtesy title, in just the same way that we use "Doctor" as a term of address for someone who does not hold a Doctorate ?

** Phil.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 10:58 AM »
Chris has defected to CA's site, i joined it last month to see whats going down, its basically a carbon copy of this site, i also got a lovely warning PM from CA not to wind up Chris or vice versa, what a lovely way to greet a new member to his site lol
To be fair to CA what did you expect him to say? Please feel free to wind everyone up but especially Chris?

I expected not to receive any sort of PM as i hadn't said anything, but to do that just shows you what sort of person CA is and why he left here in the first place

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 11:02 AM »
It would seem that if you are not a C A fanboi, you are not welcome in the first place.  I know of two people who registered on the site, and their registrations were cancelled (without notification) within a day of their joining.

** Phil.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 11:59 AM »
I expected not to receive any sort of PM as i hadn't said anything, but to do that just shows you what sort of person CA is and why he left here in the first place

:o :o  Such dissenting comments will see you banned if word gets back Gaz  ::)

It would seem that if you are not a C A fanboi, you are not welcome in the first place.  I know of two people who registered on the site, and their registrations were cancelled (without notification) within a day of their joining.

** Phil.

Are you surprised Phil?  You weren't one of them of them, were you ?? ;D

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 12:01 PM »
The definition of chef from the merriam webster dictionary is cetainly far more valid than a random troll's opinion. I trust this definition applies equally well to TAs, rather than what some zealots on this forum think a chef is/should be. There are certain varying degree of skill amongst chefs, as there is every walk of life. We could be here all day discussing pointless subtleties.

chef
noun \?shef\

: a professional cook who usually is in charge of a kitchen in a restaurant

: a person who prepares food for people to eat

Just don't feed em trolls and carry on.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 12:19 PM »

** Phil.

Are you surprised Phil?  You weren't one of them of them, were you ?? ;D

It happened to me, I was surprised, asked two curry-loving friends to try, and exactly the same thing happened to each of them.  Maybe CA has a cunning "No friend of Phil's is welcome here" filter :)

** Phil.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 12:40 PM »
I couldn't lower myself to the level that Chris has sunk.

What level would that be then Garp.
I don't think it's right that you should talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves.

Les

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Speaking of which I hope Chris hasn't incurred a life-time ban from this forum.  Life it too short. Surely 3 months and a period of parole would be enough.  We all make mistakes.  He is so passionate about cooking and stuff after all.

Rob  :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10 PM »

** Phil.

I miss CA from the forum, i found the way he asked questions insightful, alot of people didnt like his probing but he only done this to get the answers he was looking for.

its a shame for this sight he has gone IMHO, and i hope Chris comes back also, the more members the better

©2024 Curry Recipes