Author Topic: h4ppy - chris / Chef Sam's How to make Pilau Rice  (Read 23548 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: h4ppy - chris / Chef Sam's How to make Pilau Rice
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31 PM »
I was PM'd in the first week to join,(i refused) no doubt from one of CA's many accounts.

Really? The miserable old sod didn't invite me...I wonder why?  ;D

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Perhaps we can ask Admin to create a whole new category of membership, ranking even above "CONTRIBUTING MEMBER" -- "NOT INVITED TO DEFECT BY CA" :)

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 06:51 PM »
I was PM'd in the first week to join,(i refused) no doubt from one of CA's many accounts.

Really? The miserable old sod didn't invite me...I wonder why?  ;D

ha ha SS you've got me physically laughing lol.

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38 PM »
I joined CA's forum but never posted and now it looks like the account has been deleted. It is a bit of a fan-boy site IMO. Anyway I'm happier just to lurk these days.

Paul

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 08:13 PM »
keep lurking paul
Your a good member  :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23 PM »
PaulP did you get an email saying you had been deleted and why?

No I thought not.

Let's face it PaulP if the new forum is to comprise a membership of the only modertor's "yes men" (and women) then perhaps you've had a lucky escape?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Let's face it PaulP if the new forum is to comprise a membership of the only modertor's "yes men" (and women)

Of whom one will NOT be Domi, whom I still sadly miss on this site ...
** Phil.

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Looks to be a pruning policy. So if you don't contribute regularly enough you get pruned.  I signed up a while back.  Best go and check my status. 

Rob  :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Looks to be a pruning policy. So if you don't contribute regularly enough you get pruned.  I signed up a while back.  Best go and check my status. 
Rob  :)
I don't need to check my status, because I haven't got one  :'(  ;D
Me too Frank, but i respectfully declined the offer by ignoring the PM.
All is not as it appeared either.  CA's may have loyalties but not to this site.  He actually did try to co-opt another member into going into competition with this site quite a while back, but the other member, who shall remain nameless declined the offer :)
I'm more than happy to stay put as there are still some very good active members on here keen to improve and work to "crack the code" if there is one.  CA's site has years of work to do before it will ever be a source of broad reference like this site.

To return to the topic, not one of Chris's better videos.  However, I do have to say, e-book or no e-book, the guy has put himself out and was happy to share most things to further all our knowledge.  Whether one chooses to buy the e-book if or when it happens, is a personal choice. But his contribution on here is a lot more positive, helpful and encouraging than some.  Anybody that takes time to video footage on our favourite subject and post it deserves thanks, not derrogatory remarks.  If he makes some money from the project, good luck to him.  If not as least he gave us plenty of footage from which we might learn. 

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 09:46 PM »

To return to the topic, not one of Chris's better videos.  However, I do have to say, e-book or no e-book, the guy has put himself out and was happy to share most things to further all our knowledge.  Whether one chooses to buy the e-book if or when it happens, is a personal choice. But his contribution on here is a lot more positive, helpful and encouraging than some.  Anybody that takes time to video footage on our favourite subject and post it deserves thanks, not derrogatory remarks.  If he makes some money from the project, good luck to him.  If not as least he gave us plenty of footage from which we might learn.

Here Here!

I'm still a noobie. still learning and my biggest gripe is the amount of personal attacks that goes on in these forums.

Were all after the same goal.
Some people have different ideas and disagreements - thats all good, the world would be boring if we were all the same.

Personal attacks, such as this very thread - a call out if you like, are not good for the scene.
It makes those people involved look silly and their clique will only last so long.

I'm on no side here, no one has done me wrong, but I fully support Chris's efforts and even CA's efforts by creating his own space to post in.
Just another forum..... I'm a member of umpteen forums, they all have something to offer otherwise you just delete them from your bookmarks ;)

Peace!

©2024 Curry Recipes